Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Forum problem with my laptop

Discussion in Help Desk started by Super Mario, Apr 2, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    It has been almost a full month where I had this problem on my computer. Each time I go to put a reply or make a new thread, it tells me thread invalid. Please enter a valid message. I have sent a screenie to Brian so he can see what the prob was before but It still does not work for whatever post or reply I try to make. Now I was trying to get a screenshot again when I make a post but it seemed to got worker. When I click on reply, something starts loading and keeps loading forever and the screen freezes. I have a Sony laptop VIO that works super fast.All these posts I am making are from my iPad.Also, when I go to sb and log in in my pf, when I log in, screen also freezes. can anyone please help me here? I would really appreciate it. My Internet works super fine tho.
  2. Aug 18, 2006
    What internet browser do you use? Have you tried using a different browser? Is Javascript enabled? Are there any browser extensions enabled?
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    Using any VPN's or proxies? (assuming it is like my first proxy which was shitty.)
  4. Mar 20, 2011
    @Super Mario sounds like a bho issue. Why don't you try using a different browser, chrome, or firefox and see if it makes any difference. Next stop would be is disable your AV to isolate that out as well. Report back
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    If it really is a BHO error, then get Hijackthis and then post the report here. Other things to check:

1.) Javascript is enabled.
    2.) Cookies are enabled.
    3.) Disable Flashblock and Adblock temporarily (I am running both and the site works fine for me).
    4.) Update your browser to the latest version (I have Firefox, IE9, Chrome, Safari, Opera).
    5.) Do the usual (clear cache, temp, etc).
    6.) Or just run a Windows Update and get your system up to date. There could be a shitload (ok, not really) of combinations that are causing your issues.

Let us know if anything works.
  6. Mar 20, 2011
    @sajak windows update will not do shit, but javascript, cookies would possibly help.
  7. Oct 17, 2011
    Thank you guys for trying to help and Ray I am using Internet explorer. Also, I tried google chrome, still shit
    Edit: Sry idk if I am stupid or not but idk what javascript is and what it is used for but I know that I have it here because of a small icon located on my laptop with it. Sry that I may be so stupid :razz: but I still need help please.
  8. Mar 20, 2011
    Super Mario, if you want to do a remote desktop or team viewer session PM me on steam, I will help you out bud!
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    To clarify, you're doing all of this via an iPad?

Edit: Seems to be the case... well make sure JS is indeed enabled and all that jazz then report back.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Negative. There is a world of difference between Java and JavaSCRIPT. The little icon is a Java debug manager, it should have nothing to do with PF.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Problem solved with forum. I still can't log in to sb but thank you Brian, Ray and churma for the help. Not to mention sajak too :razz:. I had an update on java that I did not do.
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Just throwing this out there the PF site and sourcebans both work from the iOS version of Safari.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Not the issue, but OK.