Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

FPS Capping

Discussion in Help Desk started by Soииy, Oct 18, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 8, 2011
    I have been banned for "bhop script" when all I did was use the CS:S exploit "FPS Capping." I joined the server telling one of my friends Phoenix Archer how I got banned for scripting in DDTS another server. (Was not scripting...) Then the map changed and all of a sudden I get banned. So I went the Plaguefest server to go check sourcebans, and it said that I was banned for bhop script RIGHT after I got banned for the DDTS server. I know for sure that FPS capping is not scripting whatsoever. I have submitted a ban protest on SB but I highly doubt it was going to get appealed. If you do not want people FPS capping on the Plaguefest server, then put an FPS lmit to 60. I would only like to ask for an unban from the plaguefest servers. One of the first servers I played.
    Thanks a lot.

2. Jul 14, 2010
    Ban protests are supposed to be made here: http://plaguefest.com/sb/index.php?p=protest

One thing I don't like is how it's called fps "exploit". It shouldn't be used if you know it as an exploit. But, I've tried the fps thing, and it doesn't work for me. I personally think it's in peoples heads or there are some dependencies but idk.
  3. Jul 8, 2011
    I have been told that by a friend of mine that spoke to Brian himself and said that he wasn't going to unban me. Then another friend of mine told me to go to the forums.
  4. Mar 26, 2011
    Sonny you know the Bhop scrpt is illegal.
  5. Jul 8, 2011
    I wasn't scripting my friend.
  6. Mar 26, 2011
    Here it is. http://plaguefest.com/sb/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=sonny&Submit=
  7. May 27, 2008
    Did you guys even read the part where he says that he wasn't scripting, or do you assume that's what he's talking about and don't even bother to read the fucking thread?

I honestly don't know what to think and where to stand on this. I didn't think that framerate capping was that big of a deal.
  8. Oct 27, 2010
    I feel the same way.

I can't really speak to the ban, perhaps Brian thought there was more then just framerate capping; that's just speculation though.
  9. Nov 14, 2010
    When I want to bhop, I have my mouse-wheel bound to +jump, and find it extremely helpful to cap my fps to 31.

Thought, I don't know the whole situation, I cannot side with anyone on the decision, and it's pretty much a final decision if Brain says so - (sorry). But can you prove a scripted bhop without logging it?

I honestly don't use a script to bhop, but I've been accused of it many times, especially since I've learned about capping the fps. Though many of you don't believe it works, it actually does. I can't say it works for EVERYONE though, but it works for me and my computer.
  10. Jul 4, 2011
    Using exploits is not allowed on PlagueFest.

Capping your FPS like that makes it significantly easier to bhop. Now, I'm not sure if the 'higher ups' here would call it an exploit, but capping your FPS to bhop is just as bad as scripting as it makes almost every jump perfect.
  11. Mar 20, 2011
    Technically with frame rate capping has allowed a zombie to glitch down a hallway being protected by CT's. I have seen this before on one map version of helms deep. But this was eons ago. Unless you are attempting to bhop why would you even want to limit your FPS? If you want to limit it to 60FPS why not just turn on Wait for vertical sync. I am assuming you have a 60hz monitor.
  12. Nov 14, 2010
    It's more of a setting, than it is an exploit. It's to set your FPS in-game 1 above half your monitor's refresh rate (Mine is 60hz, so I would set it to 31 in-game). It's a setting, like mouse-sensitivity, and screen brightness. Whatever fits the player's ability better. Some people Bhop better without capping their fps. It's a matter of style-of-play.
  13. Jul 8, 2011
    In my opinion, I believe it is not an exploit. Just saying what it is called. I know many users that use this "exploit."
  14. Jul 4, 2011
    Should be considered as one as you have an unfair advantage over anyone else who doesn't know about it.
  15. Nov 14, 2010
    Knowledge about something isn't a rule-breaking.
    Ever heard of the map wtfhax? That's pretty much a "unfair advantage over anyone else who doesn't know about it" map, with all it's secrets.
  16. Mar 20, 2011
    Bhop is illegal on ZE on PF

As for ZM and the GG I cannot find that answer, I could not find any posts stating it is illegal on those servers.
  17. Nov 14, 2010

He was banned from Mini-Games. So this is irrelevant to the post.
    Brian is convinced he was using a bhop script, and THAT'S what he was banned for.
    Not the idea of bhopping.
  18. Jan 21, 2011
    This was on mg.
  19. Mar 20, 2011
    You are correct Bella, I was just bringing up the fact Bhopping is illegal on some of PF servers as well.
  20. Nov 14, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.