Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

FREE AT LAST!!

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Kyron The Wise, Jan 31, 2012

1. Apr 29, 2011
    After many months of collecting money sent by relatives for "getting to college", and with cash from Christmas and my recent birthday....

I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO AFFORD WINDOWS 7!

Soon as I redownload some support files (And as soon as I find that pesky flash drive) I will be able to migrate my Steam over to my newly partitioned W7 segment of my macbook.

How I feel now:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PQbXr8oD50

How I will feel later:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DzB95M4eZ8
  2. Mar 20, 2011
    Did your Mac Book come with a 7200RPM HDD? If not you should upgrade otherwise your Windows 7 install will suffer. I just had a client after six months dump over 40 Mac Mini's, and 20 Mac Books due to huge performance issues on the Windows 7 partition. They have now gone with Dell hardware with 7200 Sata III HDD's and it blows away all the Mac hardware they had.
  3. Sep 26, 2010
  4. Apr 29, 2011
    Not even going to pretend to understand what you just said.

Guess Ill find out if the 213$ was worth it after I try a game.

That is, IF I can find that goddamn flash drive so I can install the support files.
  5. Mar 20, 2011
    Well it will be better in general, I guess to put into simplistic terms, if your hard drive in your Mac is a 5400RPM, you should upgrade it to a 7200RPM for a much better Windows 7 OS experience on Mac hardware.

Also, you can use an external HDD to install the support files on, just make sure you migrate the data off it because it will wipe the external drive. God I hate bootcamp on Lion, Snow Leopard bootcamp was way better, especially in enterprise deployments.
  6. Dec 6, 2011
    Ha it's funny because this is the room full of people who care.

But on a serious note, gratz, bout time lol.
  7. Feb 18, 2011
    Keep the fucking Mac regardless of how much you hate it. :grin:
  8. Apr 29, 2011
    Windows 7 section= Game

It'll (hopefully) work out perfectly. Sides, I have to keep the Mac section, I don't have a Microsoft Office disc handy, and I already have it on the Mac OS.

Then again, I now have to wait until tomorrow to go buy a Flash Drive, since I lost mine. And until I install the support files, I has no inter webs on the windows side.
  9. Feb 18, 2011