Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Free Donor for rank

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Venom, Nov 15, 2013

1. Nov 15, 2013
    I think y'all should Reward the Top 5 players in the rank for free donor because there would be a reason to get your rank up and it will get more players to play more active and if they get booted out of the top 5 they will not have donor anymore.
  2. Jul 2, 2013
    This is a good idea however it wouldn't be fair if we didn't have the ranks reset for a period of time. (BECAUSE NAYR WILL WIN XD)
  3. Nov 15, 2013
    Spent 3 day's and already rank 65 :razz: and if the rank reset it wouldn't be fair for who took the time and earned the points.
  4. Jul 20, 2010
    Ranking up is way too easy and plus you would also have groups of people rolling together not killing each other and helping each other with zombie kills or what not to inflate their rank. We already had that issue with a few rank whores abusing shit to inflate their rank. It might work, but I can see the rank system getting abused really easily.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Nov 15, 2013
      True but we can make new rule, NO FRIENDLY ZOMBIES. and you never know until you give it a try.
    • Dec 6, 2011
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Good luck trying to catch people that do that. Plus making a new rule like that would be pretty bad imo. People do donor events every so often.

Oh I know it does lol.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      You have no clue how hectic admin duties would be with this type of thing in place.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Dec 27, 2012
        It's just as badgriuel said, getting yourself up top top 5 isn't difficult. What all the "rank whores" do to get their rank up is to simply just reconnect after each round is finished and join the ZM team, making sure that they won't die. This is what the majority of the "rank whores" do and anyone can climb up to top 5 using this method. It's not very rewarding either, in my opinion, a bit of unfair play because you are almost never human unless you're playing a very onesided-human map such as lila_panic_beach.

Interesting idea and I actually kind of dig it, but reaching top 5 is surprisingly easy. Also, depending on how the higher-ups would deal with this kind of system, it might get a bit annoying if there is a fight between the ranks 10 -> 1, as your idea was to remove donator for those who gets knocked down from their place.
      • Nov 15, 2013
        True, But Rank still need a reward for having a Good rank.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Not really, you don't need a reward just for being good at something. Shit I'm ranked in Division 1 in BF4 for a lot of the stats and I don't get a reward and don't need one either. Knowing your a high rank or in the top should be good enough imo. If you really need something to make you feel good about getting a rank then something is horribly wrong lol.

Having the type of donor like you say would cause major headache because the ranks could change so easily within hours or days. So that means the roots would have to constantly give and remove donor.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Dec 27, 2012
        • Dec 6, 2011
          There already is a reward: being on the Top 10 list. Anything more than that usually gets exploited and ruined by try-hards and/or trolls. There are already people on early in the morning just farming zombie kills/easy wins for points, so I don't think it'd be fair for the players that come on later in the day.

Maybe there would be a possible work around on this though. We could try a separate ranking system that resets once per month, and the top person or two on the list gets free donor for the following month. Although, as good as an idea as it may sound, I'm sure @Kylur will come in here and say some gibberish about the coding and difficulty of a double ranking system, which would seem quite logical.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Apr 24, 2012
            Maybe we can just have a Hall of Fame for all the Top players here on the site.
          • Feb 2, 2013
            Why D: D: D:
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 14, 2010
              Zombie mod is hardly competitive. If you want rewards for being good at something, go play a sport or join a professional gaming team. I guarantee the top ranked players are already donators and admins anyway because they have perks that make ranking up even easier like +jump, +hp, etc.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Dec 6, 2011
                Oh, I was referring mainly to ZE, since ZM is just a cluster-fuck of impossible for fair ranking.
              • Jun 11, 2012

New Rule: If you are in the top 5 players in any server, I will link you to my favourite celebratory perk as a reward. No payment or donation is needed. Free with free expansion and DLC 4 lyfe.

• Informative Informative x 1
                  Benderius, Nov 15, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Nov 15, 2013
                • Dec 6, 2011
                  Seriously fucking NSFW this shit in a spoiler, this is disgusting.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                    Brett, Nov 15, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Nov 15, 2013
                  • Mar 4, 2012
                    CAN'T HANDLE THE HEAT BRETT? BETTER STEP DOWN SON.