Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Friendly Zombies/Humans??

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by NSanityHD, Feb 11, 2016

Should "friendly zombies" be unacceptable?

Yes 10 vote(s) 35.7%
No 18 vote(s) 64.3%
  1. Feb 8, 2016

I've noticed a few players on the zombie server playing roles of "friendly zombies" with humans. I won't tail-tell with names but I have seen this kind of behaviour a lot during my time playing. Is this sort of thing acceptable? If so, why? Objective for "ZombieMod" is that all zombies infect humans, humans kill the infected. Should this even be allowed? And if not, can there be a rule to enforce such behaviour to be prohibited?

I don't really think it's fair that humans should allow a zombie or two to be behind humans' barricades and just stand there whilst other zombies are trying to get the humans. Other such behaviour I've witnessed is that a "friendly zombie" in front of a barricade blocking other zombies from getting at it. This is not only unfair, aggravating and annoying but also defies the entire objective of the game mode completely!

Can there be something done about this? Something put in place to enforce such behaviour be forbidden?

2016-02-12_00001
  2. May 31, 2012
    Unless a zombie is blocking other zombies with the intention of helping the human, its not bad. However, if you see a zombie blocking like you said you did, record a demo and report said player here http://bans.plaguefest.com/index.php?p=submit.
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Jun 19, 2015
      i have seen it around also. i have also seen zombies in the same cade were some one is last alive. it wastes time having every one fight to get him and the other zombie just chillin in there
    • Mar 26, 2012
      It's OK to be a friendly as long as you are not griefing your team eg blocking. It is encouraged for zombies to not be friendly because the game is zombies vs humans. If all the zombies are friendly then there will be no game.

There is one big pro to being a friendly zombie if you like map secrets. Map secrets often are very weak to zombies that know them and are not friendly. I think it is courteous to be friendly to people at secret spots. If you are friendly to them when they are at the secret spot then they should be friendly to you when you are at the secret spot. If people are not friendly to people at secret spots then the secret spot is ruined.

I've been in a couple of parties that don't really exist or operate anymore, xcn and bff. We were all good friends online and would be friendly to each other. I felt like being friendly to each other made it more fun for me.

Most of the time, if someone flashes their light at me quickly, I'll be friendly even if I don't know them. This is like the sign of friendliness.

For everyone else, I am not friendly. :razz:

Edit: I do agree that it looks bad when there is only one CT left and the zombie next to him is friendly while everyone else is trying to get him, but this is such a rare occurrence that I don't consider it a real problem.
    • Jul 7, 2014
      BEING FRIENDLY IS COMPLETELY AGAINST THE RULES REPORT THE PLAYER

jk, report him if he starts blocking
    • Jun 17, 2014
      Shoot the zombie until he gets pissed off and kills your team. :smile:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 25, 2014
        Friendly zombies being a problem for years, where whole clans got rules not to touch each other sometimes games can get very one sided until the point people leave especially later in the night, my morning I see this happening allot. I don't mind friendly zombies but the problem is that if you got to many people teaming up together the whole purpose of the game is being brought down.
      • Oct 29, 2010
      • Dec 27, 2012
        A lot of people hates me because they THINK I won't backstab or stab them at all for that matter. I've never understood why it's so important to be a friendly zombie, where's the fun in that? People are encouraged, encouraged to backstab so if people gets mad at you for doing so, just give them the middle finger. Trust me, it is MUCH more fun to stab/shoot people you know or are friends with than doing absolutely nothing other than standing next to that guy.
      • Nov 20, 2013
        Yes, make a clans party.
      • Jun 19, 2015
        itr should be a rule if your in the same cade as the last guy alive and theirs still 2 minutes left on the clock you should have to kill him not waste time
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Dec 17, 2007
          Hasn't this been discussed before in the past??
          Post Merged, Feb 12, 2016
          Lies!!! you've always shot me when i flashed my flesh light at you!!!!
          • Like Like x 1
          • Mar 26, 2012
            Without bullets, how else am I suppose to penetrate your flesh light in game? <3
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Dec 17, 2007
              well i didn't say i didn't like it :wink:
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Jan 5, 2014
                As long as they're not griefing or blocking, friendly zombies have literally no impact on you.

Say I'm a friendly zombie chilling with a human in a cade. People are bitching that I'm wasting their time by not killing the guy. Homie, whether or not I'm there, you still wouldn't get him. You just mad you ain't winning. Me being in the room has no affect on the outcome.

The only counter-argument I can think of if is like, 10 friendly zombies just chilling, even though they could help push the cade over.

That being said, I generally don't play as a friendly zombie anymore. It just isn't fun.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Jun 29, 2014
                  any more rules could be deadly to the server.
                • Feb 8, 2013
                  The best part of stabbing your friends is the feeling of anger and aura of hatred they express to you. I feed on that. That's when I'm at the utmost state of insanity and want to shank everyone with the knife in my zombie's hand.

You can't just let @faggot walk away...
                  You HAVE to stab him/her/it because it's like a fetish for killing raw meat.
                • Oct 13, 2011
                  Why ?
                  Because getting stabbed means - points. People cares about their points. Being competitive for a rank in a zombie mod community where there is no price for #1-10.. ?? lol?

Well then lets remove rank ??

Nah won't work, because ranks are the ONLY reason why zm is still alive. Zm recovered quickly after what happened. Have you ever asked yourself why ? Because rank.

Now if you ban or kick people for being friendly, result will be a massive decrease in existing small player base.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Feb 8, 2013
                    I'm neutral as to whether it'll be for or against the rule. If the rule remains unadjusted, more a reason why friends will be mad at each other if they happen to be back stabbed. Thou shalt be still.
                  • Feb 8, 2016
                    Most of the time it's just the kiddies that get overly angry when they're zombified by a "friendly zombie".

This is a different subject, but last night (London time anyway) was a nightmare. 3 or 4 kids yelling and being abusive over the mic and admins weren't doing anything to stop it. Now THAT causes a big issue especially for a "fun and friendly environment".