Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fuck gamebanana

Discussion in The No Count Section started by CastleX, May 13, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 28, 2012
    Fuckin assholes disabled my account and ip banned me. For no reason. They "withdrew" my blackmesa map after I did what they told me to do and move it to the MiPs section. God damn isiots kept bitching about it being in the CS:GO Maps section even though the development state was listed as Alpha. That community is full of dumbasses.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feb 14, 2012
      I use game banana as a download utility only so I really don't know much about there community.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        Use mediafire or dropbox! Only use gamebanana to advertise your map.
      • Feb 14, 2012
        I don't suggest you use Dropbox as your way to put content as there is a very solid bandwidth cap there. Sending a file to 1 or 2 people maybe, but a lot of people is an issue.
      • May 14, 2011
        mediafire, rapidshare...... there are countless uploading websites. You can even upload .zip files HERE.
      • Mar 16, 2008
        The website is useful for some things, their recent changes to rules site-wide are bugging me though like posting things under a Studio. I guess they would rather see maps with tons of advertising than just throwing a studio on when posting.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Sep 22, 2012

I'm really sorry you had a bad experience with us, I can't find any record of a ban with your name in the last 2 months but if you think you've been unjustly banned (or anyone here has any suggestions for our site) feel free to contact me a Jon.Higgins@GameBanana.com - We're really interested in hearing feedback on your experiences, and improving upon them wherever possible.

Jon Higgins
          VP Marketing & VP Research
          GameBanana.com
          • Like Like x 2
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • May 14, 2011
          • May 15, 2011

Well, I don't know what y'all are bitching about, but they aren't that bad. The mods, anyways. Some of the regulars think they're god, and ya they are annoying, but to just ignore them, Banana actually has decent people within it.
          • Nov 11, 2011
            I never saw this thread before but maybe if you had calmed down, contacted them using the readily available [IMG] button from a different computer, I'm sure they would be willing to explain why they took that action. We at pF are a professional community, CastleX, we have rules and regulations and if you break them, you suffer the consequences. GameBanana is a great resource for thousands of mappers and modders, and to call them "idiots and dumbasses" for something that might have been a mistake... well... the blame lies with you.
          • Feb 14, 2012
          • Jul 14, 2010
            ... :handcuffs: Your suggestions don't matter 4 months later. He could have/might have already contacted support months ago.
          • Mar 16, 2008
            Unlocking as an official Admin from Gamebanana posted.
          • Nov 11, 2011
            Obviously they do matter since a VP from M&R at GameBanana took his time out to come to our community and apologize and to lend his hand. And you think it is appropriate to simply lock the thread? Gee whiz, great thinking.

EDIT: I don't mind your comment, but locking a thread without letting the parties involved respond, is unjust.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Feb 18, 2011
              :handcuffs:
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Jul 14, 2010
                I was more referring to everyones post but the gamebanana admin. Castlex's post was a rant and flame, not anything topic worthy.. I don't see why he had to bring the issue to our forum, when he can settle it there. As the gamebanana admin stated, castlex can contact him. Plus, is it really necessary for any of you to reply towards Castlex seeing as the post was 4 months ago.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Mar 16, 2008
                  Yes however we don't automatically lock threads because they can be brought back without being a pointless bump. I would think a GB Admin posting to not be pointless and thus worth allowing more discussion assuming it isn't all rage.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Mar 12, 2008

How long do gamebanana bans last? can't be too long it it's for a WiP in the wrong section or some other shit.

first i've heard of them banning someone for following instructions?
                  • Jun 4, 2006
                    so far it's all rage. I don't think Jon has any intention of posting again, he said what he had to, if CastleX still has an issue he can contact Jon & handle it.
                    • Agree Agree x 2
                    Thread Status:
                    Not open for further replies.