Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

func_Precipitation problem. Missing Weather

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by eighttailedfox, May 18, 2014

What do you think?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2014.
Is this really a problem? 1 vote(s) 50.0%
The the f*** did you do to hammer? 1 vote(s) 50.0%
I don't care. Go away. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I know how to fix that....give me a minute to post the solution. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. May 18, 2014
    So I have a problem that Google hasn't been able to help me with.

Basically, when trying to edit a func_precipitation, there are some types missing. Here is a picture of said problem:

Func_Precipitation_Problem

So I've searched a thousand different keyword on google, and absolutely no results to this problem.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
    • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
    • Jan 1, 2013
      < isn't the best person to help, but tried. lol
    • May 15, 2011
      Pretty sure that's all there is in CS:S, and have you verified both CS:S and the connected SDK? Sorry I can't check it myself, I've uninstalled CS:S and only have access to GO SDK.
    • Feb 27, 2012

Where are you running hammer from? Make sure you are using the one located in> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\bin\hammer.exe
      if hammer.exe won't launch, launch hammer.bat. I feel like you're using the SDK version, which has been busted since SteamPipe.
    • May 25, 2012
      If all else fails you can turn off Smart Edit (the button right above the drop list) and change the preciptype value from there. The one's you're missing are snowfall and ash which are 1 and 2. 0 is set for rain and 3 is slow standard falling snow.
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • May 18, 2014
        I'm not using the SDK, I'm launching it from the CSS folder, and yes, hammer works perfectly fine, compiled maps open in the game and everything. There's just things missing, like the weather.
        Post Merged, May 18, 2014
        Okay some progress. That actually gets me snowfall working.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        I have never seen this 'problem' before. Can't you just use snow or rain anyways? I could not realise who would use Ash or snowfall (though snowfall is just slightly different than snow)
      • May 18, 2014
        As far as the entity is concerned, snow looks the exact same as rain. And I'm trying to make a winter map. Ergo, I need snowfall. And Ash is broken for the most part, so no one would use that, unless they used the fix.
      • Mar 26, 2009
        The reason Ash is broken in CS:S is because the materials are missing.

There are four materials used in the "Ash" precipitation type:

effects/ember_swirling001.vmt
        effects/fleck_ash1.vmt
        effects/fleck_ash2.vmt
        effects/fleck_ash3.vmt

It's actually nice that the materials are missing because you can make your own "precipitation", like I made falling Sakura blossoms in this map I remade for someone:

[IMG]

You can even use animated textures if you wanted like rotating leaves, etc.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Mapping King Mapping King x 1