Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by sajak, Feb 24, 2013

1. Nov 11, 2011
    I have three func_precipitation's. When I'm inside the building (like near that center thing), I can see the snow fall on the left side (red) and the middle (blue). But the snow doesn't fall on the right (black). I have to walk into the trigger for it to start snowing and as soon as I exit the trigger, it stops snowing. I've notice this happen quite a bit and I have no fucking idea what's causing this. There are no inputs/outputs, everything is set to default.

2. May 31, 2012
    Although I'm doubtful of it helping, it might have to do with VIS. I don't know how the map is built, but try having a 'completely clear' view of it while inside (remove a wall or something of the likes). I haven't messed much with func_precipitation myself, but I've found this: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Precipitation_issues and, particularly:

If there is a point_camera entity active in a map containing rain, it will generally cause the rain to not render at all. This can be verified in game using the r_rainprofile 1 cmd. A work around for this is to of course disable any cameras when a player is to see rain

If you are too close to the top of the rain volume the rain will stop rendering even though you are still inside of it.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Yeah, I read that wiki already. The only thing I really have is point_viewcontrol. I'll make the precipitation height larger and see if that helps and the wall suggestion. Although it shouldn't make a difference since two of the adjacent walls work fine. Gah.
  4. May 14, 2011
    If its to do with the size of the triggers; make the triggers extend out of the map and place their origins inside the map. Might be worth a shot.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Well the only reason I talked about the height was because in CS:GO, if you're func_precipitation was less than 1024 units, it would not work.
  6. Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe it's source limitations? Does it need a certain height of the skybox?
    Edit: LMAO fuck precipitation. Make a rain particle system. Particle editor works for CSS now.@sajak check my edit.
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    I could understand if none of the func's were working. But two out of the three in that area work, and they are exactly the same. And @Ghost there is no origin for a func_precipitation. :shock:
  8. May 31, 2012
  9. May 15, 2011
    Are they each their own func_precipitation or are they tied together as one entity? Just a thought.
  10. Nov 11, 2011
    They are their own func_precipitation. Those are three separate brushes. If I made the three brushes, then made them one func_precipitation, everything in between those three brushes will have snow falling (even through walls and ceilings).
    Post Merged, Feb 24, 2013
    Tried it, did not work unfortunately.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Sep 24, 2012
      Delete the one that doesn't work, and copy the one on the left and paste it on the other side.

Otherwise I'm not entirely for sure. You might check Facepunch's mapping forum; it's very helpful.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Already tried a long time ago. Doesn't work.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Maybe try this:

No but seriously, try readding a new one and see if it works. Try adding another one in it and see if it works, and if it doesn't... Is it s real burden that it doesn't work? Not sure if I would ever notice no snowing going on outside when I'm inside, but ofc it's always nicer!
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Bah, I tried everything I could think of and tried all of your suggestions, nothing works. This one really chalks up to the source engine just being its ancient old self. Let's hope Source Engine 2 is better. Thanks to everyone who tried to help me out. :shame:
      • Like Like x 1