Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fund Star Citizen, pretty please :(

Discussion in Gaming started by Bender Bending Rodriguez, Nov 14, 2012

1. Jun 11, 2012
    I'm not sure how much exposure you had to the Wing Commander, Privateer, and Freelancer , but it was sweet. And I'm sure many of you saw that Chris Robert latest announcement for Star Citizen. And all I can say is this game needs to be funded because it's really cool MMO
    Star Citizen takes what made Chris Robert past game sweet, Star Wars like ship commands, with some ala Battlestar Galactica firefight, and Cry Engine 3. You control what you want, you want to be admiral, pilot, or bounty hunter? You can. You can use keyboard, controller, or sorta quasi said Joysticks

Here's the pledge video that went up a while ago

via http://vimeo.com/51135962

The goals have been met, and the game is funded for a 1yr from now Alpha release and a gold release in Nov 2014. Think Minecraft model development. You can either fund or wait till release totally again up to you.

it's a cool game and will be a great MMOSpaceSimFireFightExploreRPG of its kind, true there isn't a market there but it will overtake nothing from no-one! Do it, cause Bender needs more game that he won't have time to play, for some reason.

Theres' more vids out there that they released, just follow link below.
    Benderius, Nov 14, 2012 Last edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez, Nov 14, 2012
  2. Aug 10, 2012
    Looks nice.. too nice. I literally just bought a new pc, will I have to buy another one?!
  3. Jun 11, 2012
    If you can run Crysis 3 (or 2 I guess), you're already ahead and fine. But it would support even to some low performance PC
  4. May 15, 2011
    You start out doing missions as a pilot. Finish the war and you can do what you want? My god. The single player campaign has become the tutorial. This, this is awesome. I will definitely be looking forward to this games release.

It kind of reminds me of Star Wars, just 10 times better.
  5. Aug 10, 2012
    there was this game called Star Wars Galaxies that let you fly your own ship in an mmo environment around space. Was pretty neat but it has been shut down now :frown:
    Anyhow, this game looks epic! We should claim a planet and name it Plaguefest HQ. But if we do that we will probably have to get loads of slaves for the massive statues of Brian and Kyle
  6. May 15, 2011
    Kyle, Brian, Retslag and Josh. And a small one for Ray, because it's Ray.
  7. Mar 20, 2012
    I played Freelancer and it was awesome at that time.
    Really want these games which have more than 1 genre in it, not just a shooter all day. X3 was mostly economic based though....

I believe good sci-fi games/tv series have a good chance atm, because there are no other.

Firefly, Stargate (Atlantis) and Battlestar Galactica, how old are those series already now, why is there not something new -___-
  8. Jun 11, 2012
    A web serie called Battlestar Galactica : Blood and Chrome that chronicles William Adama during the 1st Cylon war as a pilot. Looks aight as per internet but you have to judge yourself.

More mission are being added throughout the course of the game, and as more goal are met. However, you can be part of a squadron, associate yourself to a battleship, or just go hunting.

More vids to the left of the page about halfway through. Shows how huge the battleship insides are, immersion, scale of the game and more dev docs.
  9. Feb 21, 2007
    I really loved freelancer. Played that forever. Disappointed to see this as an mmo tho :/
  10. Jun 11, 2012
    it's an MMO in the context that it will be massive amount of players, but everything looks like first person from flying the plane to commanding. Also to add Black Market and vastly big universe with planets being added.
  11. Feb 21, 2007
    yes but i dont play mmo cuz they require a retarded amount of time to play and grind and lvl and crap...and if ur not a noob who plays 14 hrs a day, then u dont get anywhere
  12. Jun 11, 2012
    True, I don't play MMO. But if this lets me play single player then I can hail a friend to help me with a fight so be it. I for one never got down with WOW, LOL, nor DOTA 2, since they do require more than just gaming and I don't like to competitive gaming. I just want to have fun regardless how much i suck