Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Funny video: Lag switching in C:SS for a good laugh

Discussion in Entertainment started by LOLYOU, Apr 21, 2013

1. Apr 21, 2013
    Movie of old frags I got using a little bad internet to an advantage, on esea in Summer of 2012. Just made a 8min movie about it now. I stopped doing this before esea admins banned me. Please don't be butthurt and please try to enjoy the movie for its laughable reactions ^_^
    Sidenote: I do not cheat, this is only controlled lag.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jul 23, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 21, 2013
      • Jul 20, 2010
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Mar 12, 2008
        • Apr 21, 2013
        • Mar 20, 2011
          Yeah, I remember one guy that would exploit lag spikes in one version of helms deep a long long time ago. He would always own the humans if he pulled it off.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          Oh don't worry, after seeing this I know what to look for now.
        • Apr 12, 2012
        • Feb 14, 2012
          What did you expect? For all of us to bow down to you? LOL
        • Apr 1, 2012
          well here's the idea, this community does not welcome trolls,douches,*insert unpleasant gamer type here*, especially if they are promoting/spreading/influencing others with their ways.

so, you should be more careful from this point on if you wish to stay welcome here.
        • Feb 1, 2011
          LOL that's pretty funny. I agree with the others that it's basically hacking/exploiting but it sure makes for a good video, haha
        • Jul 23, 2012
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 12, 2012
            I watched a minute and stopped. I refuse to watch your whole video.

You're speedhacking. Plain and simple. Now go die please.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Jul 23, 2012
              incorrect, it's lag switching. Basically if he fucks with his router or his internet connection he can make it seem like he's speed hacking/teleporting. It's really just lag.
            • Mar 12, 2008
              This. It exists in many games and they're basically invulnerable (because if you shoot at a lagger, you're basically shooting at a phantom image).

also what probie said.
            • Apr 12, 2012
              Oh I understand the mechanism he used. I'm just saying its essentially the exact same thing as speedhacking. Practically (to his opponents), there is no difference between him and a true speedhacker. He deserves no views on his video, and I vote for banning him on the servers. Doubt itll happen.. but if he thinks he was "not cheating" in his video... like I said, just go die, kid.
            • Sep 8, 2012
              • Apr 9, 2007
                Source can receive game packets at anytime, and process them normally. So how speed hacking works is instead of sending the tickrate, you send 5x the tickrate, and you, in theory, move 5x as fast. Is this hacking? Not really, he's not modifying his client. Is this exploiting? Sure, it's up there with the clowns that press Sleep on their cable modem in Halo 2.

PHP:

public OnMapStart()
                {

g_iTickRate RoundToCeil(1.0 GetTickInterval() * 1.5);

CreateTimer(1.0OnResetCounter_TIMER_REPEAT|TIMER_FLAG_NO_MAPCHANGE);
                }

public 
                Action:OnResetCounter(Handle:hTimer)
                {
                    for (new 
                MaxClients0; --i)
                    {

g_iFramesRun[i] = 0;
                    }
                }

public 
                Action:OnPlayerRunCmd(client, &buttons, &impulseFloat:vel[3], Float:angles[3], &weapon)
                {
                    if (!
                client || (++g_iFramesRun[client] <= g_iTickRate))
                    {
                        return 
                Plugin_Continue;
                    }

return 
                Plugin_Handled;
                }
                • Wizard! Wizard! x 3
                • Informative Informative x 2
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Mar 20, 2012
                  when css came out I had bad inet and only "uncontrolled lag" , but people still raged...^^

dsl 368kbit/s barely gives u under 100ms on a normal server^^ When somebody downloaded something at our home , I had pings up to 2000 it was somehow the limit. Once in counter strike (not source) I had a negative ping, I always wonderd how that was possibly. It went up till 2000 and then became like -3. lol