Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

FXII Westersand v4

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Badgriuel, Nov 22, 2012

1. Jul 20, 2010
    Can we get this map removed from ZE until the map maker fixes a very big glitch on the map. There's a mode that happens pretty often where its a chocobo race. Ct's get the chocobo's and then have to run to the next part with them this gives them a very big speed boost. What seems to happen is if the human dies and gets turned into a zombie when they have the chocobo the speed carries over to the zombie and allows them to move at a very high rate of speed which breaks that portion of the map greatly.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Don't they not have a knife when this happens though?
    • Jul 20, 2010
      If you get a chocobo and then get stabbed by a zombie you turn into a zombie, with the speed boost applying to the zombie skin and then you can race ahead and stab all the ct's. Seen this happen a few times today already.
    • May 6, 2012
      I don't believe it happen often, and if it does happen, you should as an admin be allowed to move to spec or kick the said player for griefing.
      By that I mean that either, he did it on purpose, as higher speed shouldn't be knifed by zombie, but it possible to be knifed by zombie by mistake or stuck.

Removing an entire map just for a small glitch like that would be similar to claiming to remove Shroom forest because human can hug the zombie prison wall and become a zombie during boss fight which happen often and is griefing to the max and make it fail every time.

I admit that it a glitch, but it shouldn't happen often. When there an admin, he would be allowed to block that as a glitch.
      If there no admin, then just like any other map where you can glitch or edge or grief, just let it be.

The only way this glitch get triggered, is with someone purposely taking a chocobo and not going at full speed...
      Well what happen if you have chocobo after the race and get tagged as a zombie? is the issue only during the race?

I don't like the map westernsand, but i don't feel it a major exploit if it only during the race.
    • Jul 20, 2010
      The race mode happens every often and it's hard to tell at times if it's griefing because the zombies are right on their tails at that point. It happens a lot and its very hard to sit there and try to stop it when you have an entire server in a small area and people are being tagged left and right. I've seen this happen many times and it's a game breaking glitch that needs to be fixed or else it will happen over and over again. Until then I'd like the map removed as it can be unplayable with this glitch.
    • Feb 21, 2007
      this is still happening with the current version?
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Been busy with work so haven't had much time to play Ret's when I have my days off I'll see if it still happens.