Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Galaxy S4

Discussion in Android started by sajak, May 1, 2013

1. Aug 2, 2010
    Don't turn this thread into another Apply vs Samsung fanboy fagfight.

kthx.
  2. Jun 23, 2010
    Didn't mean to start a "war" here guys. It was my own opinion. I respect your opinion also! Like I said, The Galaxy S4 is a killer phone for sure.

I'll even admit, maybe the review were made by Apple fanboys.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    Don't listen to rxn, he's a little spoiled brat.
  4. Jul 8, 2012
    To be fair you posted it in a thread dedicated to discussing an android device, what did you think was going to happen lol?

But my apologies back on topic.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Not really. We can have a civil discussion without turning it into a pissing match. I don't mind phones being put the test with facts. Keyword is facts. :razz:
  6. Jul 8, 2012
    True. I wouldn't mind having an iPhone to just play with, just to test it out. I would never go buy one with my own money, but as you said I do like comparing facts not some bs lol

7. Jun 23, 2010
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Decided to do some testing today, backed up my CM and trying Revolt and Liquid ROM's today.

So far I like Revolt, once I figured out how to install the correct gapps package that is. :beatup: It has a lot of customization available.

I think my issues with Liquid were more user error then not, so I'll have to try it later.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      My first flash of CM 10.1 on my S 4 led to a slight freaking out due to my IMEI missing lol, turns out they rolled back two libs in the 7/5 release that borked signal, mms, and imei. Was able to push the two libs to the folder, reboot, and all was well :razz: Unfortunately I've grown to really enjoy the stock features of the phone, such as the air gestures and such. AOKP on the AT&T version just included IR blaster capability so I might give that a shot, it's the same guy that was doing AOKP for the S 3 so I know he does quality work.

One other thing I noticed with CM 10.1 is that hardware acceleration seems to be a bit borky sometimes.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Yeah I do like CM, it just seemed to be a bit... slow? I don't know if that's the term. I think Revolt is touchwiz based so maybe I can still use Watchon. I never really use Air Gestures or any of that, probably due to user error, but it never works for me.

Overall I like stock I just want to explore my options as this is my second rooted device, but the first time I actually understand what's going on lol.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      LOL, yeah I almost always flash just about everything to check stuff out. I was getting some touch unresponsiveness in some games with CM 10.1 and some graphical glitches that were slightly annoying, but all in due time I'm sure it will be good to go. I tend to like some of the added features that CM 10.1 based ROMs offer and don't necessarily like just CM 10.1. They all tend to be unique and it's just kind of neat to see what the devs end up doing. Paranoid Android is one of my favorites. They tend to fix things just a bit faster as well.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Yep, which is why after I tried several ROMs, I went back to stock root.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Yeah I like stock root, figured I'd just explore what's out there now that I think I finally understand what I'm doing :razz:
    • Jul 1, 2010
      Using a ROM called Mint Jelly which is actually an International S 4 ROM that was changed to use his app called nottach Xposed. Guess I'm not exactly stock but I am running a stock Samsung ROM.

Looks like there is a 4.3 ROM out for the AT&T S 4 that is also International based. Looks like it might be AOSP so I might have to try that out. There are also a TON of Google Edition ROM's popping up for the AT&T S 4, which are definitely on my list of things to flash.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I hate being on a US Cellular device. :frown:

• Nov 11, 2011
      I've already used the Xposed Installer and App Settings app to do a lot of adjustments with DPI, resolution, etc. It's a neat little app. Great to see nottach still releasing good stuff.
    • Jul 1, 2010
      Yeah, Mint Jelly is his actual ROM and it goes real well with his app. Hes doing some kickass work.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 1, 2010

Screenshot_2013-07-07-20-32-01 Screenshot_2013-07-07-20-19-47
      • Jul 8, 2012
        Zenzr, Jul 7, 2013 Last edited by zenzr, Jul 7, 2013
      • Jul 8, 2012
        Somewhat related, does anyone have any experience with docks for the S4 (or any Samsung device)? I've been looking into them on Amazon but it looks like they're kind of hit or miss on if you get a good product or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.