Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Galaxy S4

Discussion in Android started by sajak, May 1, 2013

1. Jul 8, 2012

Figured I would throw some time into looking at Android 5.0.
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    Still no OTA :frown: and I almost bricked my phone last night because stock loader don't got no "install from update.zip" option.

I can't believe i have to load up adb to do this.
  3. Jul 8, 2012
    Hmm. This build is 100% alpha still. But at least we know its coming.

Powered By Cyanogenmod
  4. Feb 2, 2013
    I am experiencing severe lag with the default texting application on the Galaxy S4. The keyboard lags and then the application stops running. Anyone might know why?
  5. Feb 27, 2012
    Are you using a custom ROM (such as cyanogenmod)? Or is it the stock OS?

If it's stock, install this messaging app. This is the one that comes with Cyanogenmod and is superior. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.softcoil.mms&hl=en
  6. Feb 2, 2013
    It's the stock. I used to use Hangout as my default texting application since I was having lag issues with the stock texting app before. I wanted to give the default texting app a try again because of the new update (5.0.1), but I'm still having the same problems, so I'm sort of just curious why it lags so much. Thank you, though!
  7. Jul 8, 2012
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Oh yeah don't use the stock one. It blows cock worse than a $5 @Benderius. Use either the Cyanogenmod one Messenger one. Or any other app other than the stock one lol.
    • Feb 2, 2013
      Yeah, I stopped using it awhile ago. I just wanted to test it out again.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        I use Hangout and had no issues at all. I like my GTalk and Text to be in the same thread.

Samsung still uses their crappy version.
      • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
      • Jun 11, 2012
        It's still leading one because of integration.
      • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Gtalk is integrated in Hangout, so is Texting
      • Feb 2, 2013
        So my lag problem was the fact that all of my messages with my boyfriend have been saved from the first time I talked to him... That's a shit ton of messages, whoops. Hangouts didn't seem to have a problem with it, though. Huh, weird. Anyhow, I cleared my conversation with him and now it works fine. I also reduced the limit of messages that are saved too.