Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Game Banana Malicious?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Ghost, Dec 24, 2012

1. May 14, 2011
    Capture2

Could someone tag the gamebanana representative here? I forgot his name. I'm not going on the site until this clears.
  2. May 31, 2012
    The same happened to me. I still went in, and it all seemed normal. I'd like to get some extra information, though, since I might want to upload something today.
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      You can still visit the page since I found nothing and I have my firewall set to max and nothing was reported. It might be a recent upload that they flagged.
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Sounds like a bad ad or two got in the rotation.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
        • Feb 14, 2012

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
        • Jun 11, 2012
        • Sep 22, 2012

Somehow a dodgy advert got into our ad provider's rotation and several high profile sites such as us and deviant art were flagged as malware. The problem has since been resolved and GameBanana is fine to visit again now.

Jon Higgins
          GameBanana.com
          • Like Like x 5
          • Informative Informative x 2
          • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
          • May 20, 2011
            Since it looks resolved, I'd like to add something to this specific warning Chrome/Firefox tends to give. One of my client's Joomla websites was hacked and all files on the server were modified with a chunk of encrypted code that looked malicious. Google's crawlers scan all the websites around the globe for these kinds of codes and whenever one is found, it will mark the website as dangerous until the problem is resolved. I went on and did a full restore on the website and changed some passwords around, went into Webmaster Tools of Google and did a re-check. That solved my problem. Just my 2 cents for those who might get to handle these kinds of situations.
            • Useful Useful x 1
            • Mar 4, 2012
              I've downloaded like 10 skins in the past couple days and I'm fine. Ran malwarebytes and some other programs after I was finished and they found nothing. I also have NoScript which stops java from running and AdBlock though so I was fine from the beginning.
              • Agree Agree x 1