Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Game_ui glitch problem

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Super Mario, Apr 27, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    It happens sometimes while you are driving a car r a boat where someone shoots you and fly away from the button that activates the game_ui. Sometimes, while holding a canon and aiming, someone shoots you and you get away from it. Idk why players get stuck when they go far away from it and can never get out even while pressing e. It happened to me a lot of times on desprerados where I got amped from canon when I was using it and got stuck. I just wanna know if this can be fixed or something. Just a question for mappers.
  2. May 14, 2011
    yes it cant be fixed, Correct me if im wrong but if you activate it using a OnStartTouch trigger and deactivate it OnEndTouch it should automatically disconnect you formt eh object when you get shot away.
  3. Apr 14, 2011
    It can be fixed. You need a trigger multiple. Basically around the area where they are supposed to be standing you put a trigger so if they leave the radius then they are automatically disengaged from the UI!
  4. May 14, 2011
  5. May 15, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Lol game_ui can be activated in a lot of ways by triggers and sometimes by buttons. making triggers around like kosuki said is good but is there any other easier way for less faces and entities?
    • Feb 12, 2012
      To my knowledge, no. Hopefully, Hammer is updated with the CS:GO release. It's kind of upsetting that Hammer is not as sophisticated as it needs to be.
    • May 14, 2011
      You would need at least 1 entity for this to work anyway, I dont see your problem. The faces in this take up so much space and resources in your map that i'm sure your pc can handle it.
    • Feb 24, 2011
      As far as i know you can just spam "E" and "SPACE" to deactivate the game_ui, it works for me all the time.
      Although it might differ in between maps, since some game_ui's has a different flag setup and might disable the "deactivate by player" function.

I wouldn't go for any trigger solutions either, game_ui's is an entity that shouldn't be played around easily. If you disable them when a player is dead/disconnected/not on it, there's a very high risk for a crash. (it happened alot of times on the earlier versions of mg_crazykart, as i disabled the game_ui when the kart got destroyed. I just kill it now instead, seems to work fine)
      Map wisely.
      • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • May 14, 2011
        ive never played around with game_ui but your adivce seems to make sense. (Good advice Rating)