Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Tutorial Gamebanana mapping tutorial links

Discussion in Resources & Tutorials started by Super Mario, Mar 16, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    I know a lot of people have been asking about tutorials in mapping, so here are tutorial links that i will put on this website about mapping and i hope it can be helpful:
    Ok, here are all those tutorials that i hope it might help you guys and also these are some helpful sites for optimizing and beginner mappers and tutorials of tophatwaffle that are very important and you guys will need if you are new mappers like me when i started mapping and learned because of these 3 links:

And most importantly the optimization that is very very important and people do not think about. Please see the new website that FirewavezZ had given me which is the second one that is really helpful and helped me learn 20% of optimization which is the ahrdest part in mapping. ***Warning***: If you are a new mapper, do never ever post your map anywhere untill someone or you optimizes it or it will cause server crashed and will lagg as fuck.
    http://www.nodraw.net/2009/12/optimization-in-source-a-practical-demonstration/ (again very important link)

I hope you guys enjoy these tutorials that took me long time to search and some of them i have already had and all you need to learn about hammer that is in there. Also, if you need help, add me on steam mariosoury.
    Thank you.
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • May 14, 2011
      Tbh I started reading the nodraw.net link and I just got lost half way through it. I have never seen any maps that cause lag issues now a days. I can run the game at 300fps constantly occasionally dropping to 200 which is way to fast for my screen anyway. As a mapper I would not be able to tell if its working. However I guess if you have a huge map this could help. At any rate I try to limit line of sight with walls anyway if its on such a massive scale.

Good link though, Thanks.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Don't thank me :razz:. thank FirewavezZ for giving this important link to me and helping me a lot by learning optimizing