Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

gameinfo.txt missing?

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Noodles, May 21, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    I'm getting that message whenever I fire up Hammer. Being the typical troubleshooter, i checked the directory and it was there. Verified both CSS and Hammer's Game Cache and both fine.

Any suggestions?
  2. Mar 12, 2008
    Try re-installing, or try another version of hammer.

I think im using the 2005 or 2006 one, can't remember. If that doesn't work, next best thing is to *shudder* ask valve
  3. Jul 28, 2011

Maybe you can use it

Edit: if yours is exactly the same then what Taters said ^

Attached Files:

4. Feb 12, 2012
    I went ahead and replaced your gameinfo.txt with mine, nothing.

Deleted Source SDK and reinstalled it, still the same thing :/
  5. May 14, 2011
    I get about 5 error messages when I fire up hammer. It's just hammer being derpy. It should all work fine anyway.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE
  6. May 14, 2011
    Resetting game comfig and refreshing worked out. Man, i thought i'd never be able to use hammer again!
  8. Mar 26, 2009
    Disk I/O has nothing to do with compile times. Compile times (besides how optimized the map is) are almost solely determined by how fast your CPU is and now much RAM you have. More CPUs/Cores will make the compile go faster, and having a more efficient CPU. A Pentium M is more efficient than any Pentium 4, for example.