Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Games that you wish you could play right now! [Nostalgia Thread]

Discussion in Gaming started by grindorf, Jan 20, 2011

1. Nov 25, 2010
    Sure this topic might be redundant due to game emulation, but emulation will never bring back the same experience you had when you actually got to play on the actual console!
    but as a very nostalgically minded person, I like to remember the days when everything seemed perfect...the days when you where eager to wake up to see what adventures awaited you once you stepped out of your room and sat in front of your TV!

What games does PlagueFest wish they could play right now on their TV, but aren't able to? [forget emulation, it shouldn't count as gaming, sadly not everyone got the chance to enjoy most games when they where at their peak!]

If anything I definitely want to replay games like Tomba!, Resident Evil, and Bust-A-Move '99 which where the first three games I owned on the PlayStation. I also want to replay the SONIC R! the music from SONIC R is very memorable and went really well with the stages. there are more games I want to list but I don't want to take the honor of mentioning a certain from you guys!

-discuss-
  2. Oct 22, 2010
  3. Sep 5, 2010
  4. Nov 29, 2010
    Contra
    Raiden
    This mech game for the PSX, transform from mech into a floating car/tank. That game was fun, dunno the name.
  5. Nov 25, 2010

it can't be armored core because you could only use one AC in the form you built it in!

I want to say Ghost in the Shell but the mechs in there glide or something

and it would be too funny if it was Transformers!

let's see...Omega Boost? that game was a straighforward mech/shmup reflex rape!

I cant think of any more games with mechs.....

EDIT: WAIT I GOT IT!

is it Future Cop: LAPD

I just found out that in this game you can shoot stuff in mecha form and then turn into a cop car right?
  6. Nov 29, 2010
    Words cannot describe how much I absolutely love you right now
  7. Jan 21, 2011
    Star Fox 64, killing Andross never got old.
  8. Nov 25, 2010

where can I find Mortal Kombat at the cades?
  9. Jan 25, 2011
    Crash Bandicoot
  10. Nov 28, 2010
    Goldeneye on the N64 with three others, slightly cliche but worthy a mention!
  11. Jan 7, 2009
    Einhander (have it on an emulator plus I own the disc, but the game's pretty rare so I don't really play it on the actual console for fear of damaging it any more)
    Test Drives
    Steel Reign (playing it after all these years, I have realized it was a pretty crappily made game, but I had so much fun playing it as a kid)
    Some old SNES and Sega Genesis/Saturn games I used to play at a friend's house (Gunstar Heroes was one)
    Goldeneye (of course =P)
    Super Smash Brothers/Melee
    Mario Kart
    Starfox 64
    Defender (yeah, that really old one)
    Galaxian
  12. Jan 5, 2007
    Still probably three of the best RPGs ever made. Never get tired of just pulling out my phone and playing one of them when I'm bored.
    I can't even count how many hours I wasted playing that game. The multiplayer matches against the bots never got old, and even made for some amusing moments.
    Do a barrel roll!
  13. Mar 13, 2010
    I still have a MINT condition FF7 game sitting on my shelf. I took it out to play it the other week and couldnt set it down for a good 10 hours.

Do a barrel roll indeed.
  14. Aug 30, 2010
    I would definately hafto play Vanguard Bandits for the ps1 its a very rare and very fun game. I used to play it soo much that I overheated my
    original ps1 and melted the disk which i recently found out is worth a good 400-500$ to collectyors.

I would also definatly hafto play shining force 3. Not the old sega genesis one but the SUPER rare remake for the sega saturn that now goes for $1000+ as only 4 or so thousand copies were shipped to the us and sold here.