Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Gaming Laptop

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by sajak, Jan 17, 2013

1. Nov 11, 2011
    I'm looking to buy a good gaming laptop but nothing too fancy (i.e, the razer blade laptop). The last time I bought a gaming laptop was the Toshiba Qosmio x300 series for like 2300$ when it came out two years ago. Still have it and still runs awesome. Just need an updated one.

I was looking at the m17x and the qosmio x875. But I'm open to recommendations. Thanks :zombiekiller:
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    Now before you continue on this thread, you're going to get bombarded with "why are you getting a gaming laptop instead of a PC"?

I recommend you provide a reason why you need a laptop instead of a desktop.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I have the m17x as gaming laptop since I got tired of lugging my PC around for Lan or if I wanted some gaming when I go for work trip . I absolutely love it. 680M, 256GB SSD, 32GB, and a beautiful screen. It is expensive thought something like a G70 was a alternative I sought in the same price range . Also they are a beast and not to be used as a portable laptop for school or stuff. Heats a bit but mine is always on a desk on top of a cooler, so meh.

For what it's worth if you are inclined to the idea of getting a portable Desktop, M17x are great alternative to a Desktop.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        And those are comments I'll simply ignore. It's not hard. I want a gaming laptop because I can't fucking BUILD ONE. That's why.
        Post Merged, Jan 17, 2013
        I've had this fat ass for two years, I don't mind the weight lol. http://i.imgur.com/gyUS0.jpg
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Lol then. As said the weight is what makes it non-portable pretty much. Confortable keyboard, access to many media playing keys. USB 3.0 and 3 slot for HDD or 2 Slot for HDD and a CD/DVD/Bluray Slot, HDMI IN and OUT.

You can order then do a your own upgrade when it comes to ram and HDD since it would be a lot cheaper. SSD are dropping in prices.
      • May 15, 2011
        • Nov 11, 2011
          I guess I should mention that I'm looking for a laptop with "FullHD" (1920x1080 max resolution) and a 17 inch screen :tremble: . I like to watch BluRay movies and what not as well and I like to max out my game settings so I don't want a mid-series video card (like the 555m). I'd rather have like a 660/670 video card. lol I looked at the m17x and customized it:

[IMG]

The price tag comes out to $1549 after a 100$ coupon. Any other recommendations before I pull the trigger?
        • Apr 1, 2012
          Sorry to hijack for sec, but does anyone know a mid end laptop with decent processor + graphics, ignore ram and hdd since I can change them most likely for really really cheap prices around here. Preferably under 600 usd... Brand doesn't matter!

Mine's currently acer aspire 4750z with integrated (lol) intel hd graphics....
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Microsoft is having ridiculous offers but I don't really live near a Microsoft store. High end laptops for around 375-500$. Go to the nearest Microsoft store to reap your benefits!
        • Aug 18, 2006
          I have the Toshiba Qosmio x775. It's a great laptop. Fast as hell, and certainly an upgrade from that brick of an x300.

Because some people travel a lot and don't want to/can't haul around a desktop everywhere. High-end laptops can run games perfectly fine.
          • Like Like x 1
          • May 27, 2008
            I couldn't build one either. Then I got the components and it was k.
            [IMG]
            [IMG]
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              That's like my desktop (from my old post)...

[IMG]

[IMG]
              Post Merged, Jan 17, 2013
              As you can see, I pimped it out with 3 240mm LED fans and replaced the blue LED indicator with a red one. :victory:
            • Jan 11, 2012
              I'd recommend you an Acer Aspire V3 (Link to compare with some sites you know).
              it's pretty beast and about $1500
              • Informative Informative x 1