Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Gaming Laptops

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Clam Chowder, Mar 13, 2014

1. Nov 29, 2010
    I'm buying an alienware. You're all assholes.

No but seriously, I've got a $1200-1400 budget planned for this summer. And before you guys go rave "go buy a PC, it's better, blah blah". Please pay $70 to ship my entire rig 12 hours north from my house to my dorm. Anyone have any recommendations?
    Clam Chowder, Mar 13, 2014 Last edited by Clam Chowder, Mar 13, 2014
  2. Dec 30, 2006
    So are you asking for advice which laptop to get or are you telling us what you're buying?
  3. Nov 29, 2010

Anyways, yeah I'm looking for recommendations.
  4. Oct 25, 2012
    Juls, Mar 13, 2014 Last edited by JulsCuts, Mar 13, 2014
  5. Mar 14, 2013
    You should get a laptop that uses AMDs best CPU amd Nvidias 750m chip and up
  6. May 15, 2011
    Josh knows what's up. I've been using an ASUS G series Laptop for the past 4 years and have treated it like utter shit, yet it's still able to play most games on med-high graphics, where as when I got it new I was able to run ultimate. It's definitely a great company and they have a solid history, not to mention the customer service was pretty decent. Got my old old one from 6ish years ago replaced at no extra cost, save the original insurance. They are slightly more expensive but IMO it's definitely worth it if you're looking for something that can fuck bitches and take numbers. Also it looks like a fucking fighter jet, so that's cool.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I would steer people away from Alienware. While they do have nice gear and the specs are actually great for my M17xR4, I would recommend others because of that hefty price.

Also, don't be swayed by thin factor, they freaking breath hot fire. Sso the more bulkier they are, the better the airflow. Combine that with a raised up cooler.
    • Dec 11, 2013
      • Jul 8, 2012
        As with Josh and Dirtbag, been using ASUS G series for years now, wouldn't go any other way.