Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Garrys Mod 10

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Mr. Bostitch, Dec 23, 2010

1. Nov 21, 2010
    I was playing gmod with my sons for the past couple days and i freaking love it and the thing i love most is either RP or BUILD and i was just wondering if anyone would agree with me that we could look into a gmod server in the near future?? i was just wondering?
  2. Nov 30, 2010
    I haven't played that yet, been thinking about getting it during the sale. I think there are two, a free one and the steam one.
  3. Jun 4, 2006
    There are some servers that are so advanced with lua and custom plugins, we'd never be able to keep up haha. Also I'm not sure if there's any stable linux binaries or what the resource usage is. We're very scarce on resources so the server would have to be wanted by a lot of members or we'd have to have a good plan set for it. Realistically I don't see this happening anytime soon, simply given the fact that most if not all of the PF staff know very little about running a gmod server, especially with how it's grown. v7, 8 and 9 were simple and lua didn't expand very far into complexity, nowadays it's just insane. :wacko: - and we can't ignore all the possible exploits within gmod, lua viruses and the like. There's been exploits in the past that would allow a player to gain root access on the server and browse all files, even delete and edit them. It's pretty risky and I'd be afraid to run one tbh.
  4. Nov 21, 2010
    your right with the lua part but iv been working with a handfull of people on creating the perfect RP server and script and such most scripts nowa days are made by someoen and uploaded for public use it is a risky matter but i was just thinking about the spread to other games.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    I hear ya, just not sure it's the best option for PF right now, especially since anyone can just grab a public RP script (or any script for that matter) such as DarkRP (which is shit imo) and set some config files. I'd much rather have something entirely unique, since there are a ton of game mode possibilities in gmod given you have the know how to code it and the creativity. I think Kyle would like to expand to TF2 but that's about the only game other than CSS in consideration at the moment, doubt it'll happen though... :ermm:
  6. Nov 21, 2010
    Alrighty then like i said it was just a suggestion because i love gmod but not really tf2 eh thanks though