Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Garry's Mod Server

Discussion in Future Servers started by Factor8, Mar 4, 2015

1. Mar 3, 2015

I know this have been suggested before, probably plenty of times, but I've decided to try and convince the management to open up a Garry's Mod server. I have a lot of experience with Garry's Mod, I've played it in a total of over 3000+ hours, ran my own servers and been a admin of very respectable servers. The reason why I'd like to see Plague Fest to have one is because it can increase the player base a lot, as well as the finance of Plague Fest.

The server I'd like to see is a PERP, or something custom like PlagueFestRP. Of course, it will require a lot of coding to make it unique, but with the right implementations that differs us from other servers, the server will sky rocket. I used to be an admin on a server (Won't mention the name unless I'm asked in private) that had at least a constant of 40 players online during normal playing hours. The owner (Can also mention him if anyone would like to investigate), had earned around $10,000 in total by running the server. Now you may ask, how the hell was that possible?

If you've been a frequent player of Garry's Mod roleplay you will know why, but if you haven't played a lot of roleplay, the way that a server such as that will make a profit is by upgrades, BUT NOT ADMIN UPGRADES. I will get back to that later in this thread. You can take money for upgrades, cash in-game, cars etc. When you aren't upgraded, you will not have the so called Physgun (http://gmod.wikia.com/wiki/Physgun), which enables you to freeze props for a base. There's a lot more to it, but the upgrade can also be classified in ranks. There can be different ranks. I remember on the server I were admin on, they had "Bronze", "Silver", "Gold", "Diamond" & "Platinum", Bronze being the cheapest and Platinum being the most expensive. For each upgrade, you get something.

Now I want to discuss the "Not admin upgrades" part. When a Garry's mod server with roleplay is ran, there is a set of rules that has to be applied for it to be "Role Play". There has to be an excellent administration team in order to make this happen, and that's why there shouldn't be any buy-ins for admin since it requires skill and a VERY good understanding of the rules, no one wants to play on a server where the admins don't know the rules and can't deal with rule breakers.

I can go more "in depth" if needed, but I think this would be a great attachment to Plague Fest, you won't regret it if you start a server. You'll need a good Lua programmer though, but I know how Garry's Mod work, and can possibly help out if needed.

That's all folks <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Mar 3, 2015
      No feedback on this?
    • May 15, 2011
      It's not exactly that you have no feedback, more like no one is interested, so no one is posting. I'm sorry but this isn't really a RP loving forum, as we have few members who do so, or at least openly.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 11, 2012
        Agree with dirt. Not into GM or RP.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I'll role play with you. You wear the strap-on, and I.... well, i think you see where this is going :wink:

I enjoyed Gmod as just a derp around game a few years ago. Just to build random shit until some fuckface came and spawned a bunch of shit, or lua-script crashed our server, or even gave himself admin somehow and banned us from our own server. Oh, the good old days lol.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
        • Mar 3, 2015
          That sucks too hear guys.