Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Garry's Mod?

Discussion in Future Servers started by Carnifex, Feb 27, 2014

1. Jul 27, 2008
    I remember years ago there was talk about a Garry's Mod server. What ever came of this? Just not enough interest?
  2. Jan 30, 2013
    Unless that Zombie Escape game mode being developed by samm was finished/released(was it ever), I see no reason to have a gmod server.

ZE would be the only thing that could get popular seeing as how the other gamemodes are to saturated in terms of servers hosting the mode versus people actually playing them.

3. Feb 27, 2012
    Oh my god the amount of griefers in this game. The fact that the game uses Lua is just so horrible. Lua is soooooo exploitable. You can make hacks with it, and from what i remember, VAC doesn't ban for Lua hacks. I used to have a gmod server, i've seen some pretty silly stuff. One guy came in and said "hey i'm the admin, i'm gonna ban you guys" and we were all like yeah okay whatever bro. Then he got admin, and started banning everybody and took away our admin. Had plenty of Lua scripts that crashed our server.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Jul 27, 2008
      Hahaha that's awesome! That sounds like my kinda party lol. To be honest I don't play it much. I just remember hearing a long time ago that a bunch of people wanted one. Just wondering why it didn't/can't work.
    • Apr 3, 2013
      What happened to gmod ze? Haven't heard any news about it. I did hear bad stuff about it.
    • Jan 30, 2013
      [IMG]

But I think it had balance issues along with the same issues csgo has(since I think they use the same engine). Not too sure, you'd have to ask samm that. Still would be a loss too see it die. Such potential it had.
    • Jul 27, 2008
      ^ Is that a CS:Go version? I've never played any other then 1.6 and CSS.
    • Feb 13, 2014
      Delete please, tapatalk is stupid and posted in wrong forum.
    • Apr 20, 2011
      and yes there is mako on cs1.6 and I heard predator coming soon so eh
    • Feb 3, 2012
      I heard a while back that we couldn't do it. :thinking:
    • Jan 30, 2013
    • Apr 3, 2013

• Apr 20, 2011
      kloud you are old I post video like 2 years ago I think its here anyway you didn't see predator at cs1.6 its so freaking awesome
    • Jul 27, 2008
      Idk if I'd like any zombie mods for anything other then CSS. I don't play any zombies on gmod or anything but I always thought there would be just a mini games type server or just a building server. But back then I think Garry's mod was a lot different then it is now.
    • Mar 26, 2009
      It's not that Lua is exploitable, it's that the Lua implementation Garry did was horribly insecure. Then there's the issue that many of the game mode creators don't do anything to keep their code secure, thus allowing hacks to be developed.

Things have gotten much better since the introduction of Script Enforce, which blocks client side loading of Lua scripts when enabled. It's not perfect, but neither is VAC.

I think Zombie Survival on Gmod is a lot more fun than on CS. You have more types of undead classes, gameplay is more dynamic and humans have tools to help with cade building (hammers, nails, etc.)