Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Get Battlefield 3 on PC or Xbox 360?

Discussion in Gaming started by McKay, May 9, 2011

Xbox 360 or PC Version?

Xbox 360 2 vote(s) 12.5%
PC 14 vote(s) 87.5%
  1. Feb 20, 2011
    As Battlefield 3 looms, I was wondering which version you guys should think I'd get.

My Laptop has a 2.8Ghz Dual-Core i7 Processor. (With 4 Threads)
    6GB of DDR3 RAM
    1GB ATI RADEON HD5650

Or my Xbox 360.

Do you think my Laptop would be able to run Battlefield 3 at any settings with a reasonable Framerate? I get 40FPS on ARMA 2 on max setttings, and about 30FPS on Crysis on Max Settings, (Minus Anti-Aliasing and Shadow Detail)
  2. Aug 18, 2006
    PC version, easily. All FPS games are better on PC.

Keyboard + Mouse > Controller

Better graphics, more features, better graphics, etc. It's like comparing an iPhone to an Android. That laptop should run it pretty well I think.
  3. Oct 27, 2010
  4. Jul 20, 2010
    Should punch you in the face for thinking between pc and 360 lol :razz:. I'm getting it for the pc for the same reason's ray listed :razz:. But I have to play my beta on the ps3.
  5. Feb 20, 2011
    Not a troll, Ive been a console gamer since the Megadrive, through to PS1,PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360. Im pretty new to PC Gaming so dont know.
  6. Oct 27, 2010
  7. Nov 29, 2010
    FPS games have always been the best on the PC, actually, there's an article of gears of war, where they took pro-league players on the xbox and matched them up against PC gamers (average-newbies) and, the PC players won.
  8. Feb 1, 2010
  9. Jan 12, 2011
    Sometimes need to be careful with that assumption. If a game is first developed on a console and then lazily ported to the PC, then the PC version may be some degree of terrible, leaving the console version superior. A good example is RE4 (though it's not quite FPS, my point stands). Also, I think I heard something about MW2's multiplayer server settings getting messed up on the PC port. Something about limiting players and one player hosting the server? I might be thinking of another popular game, but I know some ports out there do end up lacking due to the developer being lazy and sending the job out to a third party.

And for the record, I love each for different reasons. Particularly older consoles :3
  10. Mar 19, 2011
    I know you're worried that your computer might not be able to run the game properly but I wouldn't worry about it too much, but yeah I would definitely get BF3 for the PC. 64 Players vs 16 players on Console is no contest can't wait myself for the release. And Yes Mouse + Keyboard > Controller anyday :thumbsup:
  11. May 11, 2011
    To be honest i would like to get on PC but my PC sucks and barely works anyway and thus ill be getting on the console since most of my RL friends play their games on xbox 360.
  12. Mar 17, 2011
    If your computer can handle it then PC all the way.
  13. Mar 30, 2011
    PC, i cant play FPS games on 360 worth a crap.
  14. Mar 19, 2011
    Pc all the way but if your computer won't be able to handle it then go Console
    64 players > 16 players anyday
  15. May 27, 2008
    Get it on 360. Better fps and graphics plus you can play with your friends and be good with each other and roll people. The graphics actually make you feel like you're there and not sitting down. Plus you won't ever crash on a 360.
  16. May 25, 2011
    PC of course.... In my opinion, aiming with analog stick in FPS games are complicated...