Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Get into it!

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Taters, Jun 12, 2012

1. Mar 12, 2008
    Couple rules: No brony related shit. Actually use an iota of brain power to come up with something original. Keep it funny, clean and/or awesome

Okay. you've probably seen me posting on plaguechat and my status about "looking for quotes". This is for a Craftbook "readable bookshelf" plugin for Minecraft.

There was a prefab list with literally 1000 quotes, all of them personal points of view and from other famous people. That was retarded and boring to read, especially in a game about surviving/building.

With much stress and prodding at Dharkk, I finally have the means to take this work into my own hands, and create "books" that can be read in-game.

Each line is a "book" and every time you right-click on a bookcase, it will randomly pick a saying from this list and print it in the user's chat.

I am looking for any/all ideas, and would prefer not to have famous quotes, because those are boring, and you are boring for knowing them. Plus there's already a few of them in there. It's mostly filler till i can really get this list up and running.

I'm looking for helpful, funny, and quirky things to add to this list. There is no limit, and almost anything will be put into this list (See rules above). You will have a credit attached, so it was known to be said by you.

There are exceptions. Anything deemed "retarded" or outright stupid won't be put in. This is something to kill a little bit of time while you're waiting for something to cook/forge and or wait till morning/etc... Either way, like i said there's already a couple of em in there, just don't be a knuckle head.

This is in no-count for a reason.

LETS GO!

Example shown in attached pic.

Attached Files:

Taters, Jun 12, 2012 Last edited by Taters, Jun 12, 2012
  2. Jan 12, 2012
    Books. Quoteable Edit Plaguefest where fail happens Kappa
  3. Jul 28, 2011
  4. Feb 20, 2011
    "Once we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." - McKay on Military strategy.
  5. Aug 1, 2011
    I have a joke. Vadleon TL;DR'ing his shit.

Or

That's one Vadleon of a post there.

Or

I can't believe I just pulled a Vadleon of a post.

Whichever is better i guess.
  6. Sep 14, 2008
    It's called a toque...not a beanie - Dani on Canadian fashion
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mar 12, 2008

added, with a little flair!

used this one^

Hella added.
    • Mar 19, 2011
      I don't need a life, I'm a gamer I have multiple.
    • Aug 1, 2011

The answer to everything is 42.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      I'll accept this.

Also remember i will use as many as everyone is willing to give. you may have 1 or 200 things to say. don't be afraid. this is in no count for a reason. HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT! im looking for anything you want me to cram into this plugin. Things about Minecraft wouldn't hurt, either. Im looking for short stories, experiences, anything. I'll use my Wordcrafting skill, if need be, to make it happen.
      Taters, Jun 12, 2012 Last edited by Taters, Jun 12, 2012
    • May 15, 2011

April 15, 200
      21:38

I was out gathering wood for my cabin in a nearby forest. It was late, near sun down and getting darker, fast. I checked the perimeter, and I checked again. Intent on ensuring everything was clear, I banged my sword and screamed, but I got no answer in return. Past experiences have led me down the path of paranoia, jumping at the sound of the wind bristling through the treeline. No longer could I trust anything. Not a shadow, not a man, not a chicken. I was finishing up with my stock, preparing the wood as building materials, when I started hearing footsteps. My heart stopped. I stood, frozen in fear listening closely as my mind raced in panic, looking for an escape a way out. Anything to calm my nerves. I told myself it was just a chicken. Just a chicken. A chicken. I slowly turned around, the footsteps were slowly getting closer, as if they were making a B-line towards me. I slowly turned around, but to my surprise, I saw nothing. No shadows, no nothing, no chicken. My heart sunk even lower. I want to see this, no, I need to see what's out there. To keep my sanity I swiftly hopped from trunk to trunk, hiding myself from the sound. I could still here it, but it wasn't coming towards me anymore but instead, was making a circle. What is this? What does it want from me? Why is it taunting me. I quickened my pace and stopped hiding behind cover, searching for the sound wanting to know the sound Needing to know the sound. As I got closer and closer another sound, quiet at first, grew in my head. Louder and louder. It grew till I couldn't ignore it anymore. My body was shaking, I couldn't feel limbs, I couldn't stand any longer. My legs gave out and I crumbled to the ground. I started panicking. My heart beat grew to ferocious speeds I lay on the ground with nothing but a sword and. The Noise. It taunted me. It didn't come towards me. It taunted me. It circled me. It wanted me to find it. I knew it. I knew it was trying to ambush me. Take me when I'm at my weakest. I needed to get away. I had to get back home. But how? HOW?! I couldn't stand, I couldn't even feel my legs. My head span. And that blasted noise in my head was still grinding through my skull. I couldn't take it anymore, I threw away everything! My tools, my armor. Anything, anything that was weighing me down. I stripped it all and started crawling in the direction of my Cabin. My legs dragging behind me, limp like raw fish. I wanted to be home. I needed to be home.

I decided to stop. Is this too long? If you want more, I'll wright the next part, unless someone else wants to do it. Make a string story consisting of multiple authors. Each... Chapter? Or whatever I wrote, is a new writer. Eh, just an idea if it's allowed.
    • Mar 12, 2008
      if you do play minecraft, you should consider writing this in the future update, where you can craft quills and write in books, this would make a great story.

A bit much for the "book" Plugin ATM, let me grab some examples Here's what a "book" would be considered at the moment:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
      • May 15, 2011
        Oh god. That would be really fucking annoying to read. When will the words actually be in a book?
      • Jan 21, 2011

fuck you fat boy

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history-with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila
        • Like Like x 1
        • Mar 12, 2008

Update is TBA, but this is what you can expect.

You can write in them if you have a quill. books will require leather as well, instead of just 3 sheets of paper. You can read all about it on the wiki
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 14, 2012
            "Bitch fuck yo mine and it's craft." - Never Enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          • Mar 12, 2008
          • May 5, 2011

I just can't do it captain! I don't have the power.
          • Jul 28, 2011
          • Sep 22, 2010