Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Get [Quake II] & [Quake II CTF]

Discussion in Gaming started by Bella, Jun 1, 2012

1. Nov 14, 2010
    Quake II

Second, make sure you have .NET Framework Version 1.1

Third, Download the Quake II Demo to obtain 'pak0.pak'
    This unpacks files to your system (default folder is c:\windows\desktop\Quake2 Demo) that Quake II .NET does not provide.

Fourth, Copy the pak0.pak file from the Quake2 Demo\Install\Data\baseq2 folder to the %ProgramFiles%\Quake II .NET\managed\baseq2 and %ProgramFiles%\Quake II.NET\native\baseq2 folders.
    This file is big - about 48MB and you’re making two copies. If you uninstall Quake II .NET, you have to remove these two copies by hand.

Fifth, Run the managed or native version by clicking the shortcut in the Start menu.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALTERNATE WAY TO DOWNLOAD Q2 IF THE ABOVE DIRECTIONS DON'T WORK
    Download all of the following files.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quake II CTF

Download & Run q2ctf150.exe
    Make sure you direct the output folder to your Quake2 directory.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
      Luke, Jun 1, 2012 Last edited by bellabasic, Jun 2, 2012
    • May 5, 2011
      I miss the old quake games, would be nice to have it again :smile:
    • Jun 4, 2006
      well considering the entire source code to the game was released under the GPL i don't think she's much of a pirate for this. yar.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 5, 2011
      • Nov 14, 2010
        The game is also available on steam for $10.00.
        Which also comes with CTF, I believe.