Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Getting a pet...

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by NightFury, Jul 28, 2011

1. Nov 2, 2010
    Just bought 1 female Stimson Python (George town)
    [IMG]

(Got it on hold till I get this)
    [IMG]

After I purchased the enclosure (plus a few Bali skeleton trees), total came up to $2,899.00
    Perfect for a newbie at snakes! Now I gotta get everything set up [IMG]
    After that, I can tell SouthernXreptiles to send the beauty over. :grin:
    And then I will have to devote a lot of time to not only the snake but also to University...
    So I may not be on as much as I should...
  2. May 16, 2011
  3. Nov 2, 2010
  4. Feb 8, 2011
    lol love to feed pythons watching them hunt, its road trip all over again lol
  5. Jul 25, 2011
    i've been wanting to get a Goliath Birdeater for a while now. I mean come one giant spider as a pet...........even better Giant ATTACK spider as a pet......best pet ever!

[IMG]
  6. Sep 26, 2010

I love snakes but Imma stick with cats for now lawls
  7. Jun 21, 2011
    Spiders are so ugly! They scare the crap out of me. I won't even touch a dead one with a paper towel. <_<
  8. Mar 25, 2011
    Just be careful with it, Snakes aren't like dogs or cats, they will turn on ya. Seen it happen alot.

But you already know this I'm sure, and know what precautions to take, and post pix of him/her.
  9. Nov 2, 2010
    Haha, I will man. This snake has been bred in captivity. The breeder has never had any complaints about snakes turning on the owner, as long as you give it enough attention, and feed it pre-killed mice. There is a very large chance it will not decide to turn on you.
  10. Jun 26, 2010
    I'm thinking about getting a few Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches or an Emperor Scorpion

[IMG]

[IMG]

This is what the Emperor Scorpion looks like under a black light.
    [IMG]
  11. Aug 25, 2009
    I used to have a Goliath Birdeater tarantula. It would purr and hiss sometimes (yes just like in horror movies) look up king baboon hissing on youtube. Now thats an aggressive sob
  12. Feb 24, 2011
    HELL NOOOO!!!! I'LL PASS..... I would MUCH rather have my dogs :smile:
  13. Oct 27, 2010
    I had one too for a year or so, it was someone else's and I ended up having to take it for some reason. It was pretty low maintenance as far as pets go.

It got out of it's tank a couple of times.... man, that thing could move :tongue:

It's name was Edgar.
  14. Jul 25, 2011
    Ya the best is watching them eat mice lol