Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Getting constantly dropped from router

Discussion in Networking started by Kloud, Jun 13, 2013

1. Apr 3, 2013

I have been having this problem lately for about a week or two now. Basically, once, maybe twice every 10-30 minutes i get disconnected from my router, and i have to reconnect again using troubleshoot problems. Not to mention the horrible lag in-game.

So, at the troubleshoot problem screen, it says that there's a problem with wireless adapter or access point

So, i googled the problem, and most of the results told me to update my drivers, there was an update so i updated it. It only helped me endure a few minutes longer, but i still have high ping on game servers and it keeps disconnecting me once in awhile for some reason.

My NIC is D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N PCIe Desktop Adapter if you wanted to know.

EDIT: It's getting worse, the disconnections are happening more often and i cant barely play/spectate for over 30 seconds before i get a connection error.

Bumping thread when this update happens again, which will probably do.
    Kloud, Jun 13, 2013 Last edited by Kloud, Dec 23, 2013
  2. Feb 8, 2013
    What the hell? Me too! Like every 10-30 min like you said, it's random, it'll disconnect me and then I'll have this count down on the top right in red and I'll have to wait 3 secs for it to reconnect. I won't have to reconnect using troubleshoot or whatever, but it's still annoying. It happened ever since my dad turned off the power without letting me know, and from what I was told by Tony, it may have damaged my modem. If anyone can help me fix it, it'll be highly appreciated!
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    Try connecting directly through your modem and see if you still get the connection drops.
  4. Mar 6, 2011
    It may be that your router to burn (stews capacitors) or power supply is bad (sorry for the english)
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Apr 3, 2013
      Dont have a cable here. I probably have one in my basement but i don't wanna go down there. Too spooky.

And i got a new power supply around March, so i doubt that's the problem.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Well, it's a great way to determine if it's your modem, ISP, or the COAX cable that runs into your house. Someone cut out COAX cable before so we had problems with ours after my dad patched it -_-
    • Apr 3, 2013
      Went down there, no Ethernet cable there.

Oh, did i mention it only happens on this computer in general?
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Just use the cable that goes straight from your modem to your router, unless it won't reach that far.

And are you sure? Have you tried playing CSS on other computers? And are you using wireless?
    • Apr 3, 2013
      My phones internet works great, everyone elses works good too except mine. And yes i'm on wireless.
    • Apr 3, 2013

• Connection-specific DNS Suffix - bahnhof.net
      • Description - D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N PCIe Desktop Adapter #2
      • Physical Address - C8-BE-19-DE-DB-07
      • DHCP Enabled - No
      • Autoconfiguration Enabled - Yes
      • Link-local IPv6 Address - fe80::d55f:d1d:b84b:e45c%20 (Preferred)
      • IPv4 Address - 192.168.0.103(Preferred)
      • Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
      • Lease Obtained - June 15, 2013 18:40:13
      • Lease Expires - June 22, 2013 19:10:42
      • Default Gateway - 192.168.0.1
      • DHCP Server -192.168.01
      • DHCPv6 IAID - 331922969
      • DHCPv6 Client DUID - 00-01-00-01-18-FC-31-96-1C-6F-65-41-2B-02
      DNS Servers - 192.168.0.1 NetBIOS over Tcpip - Disabled
    • Apr 3, 2013
      Again, this just started to randomly disconnect again, it fixed itself when i made this thread.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Do you have another computer that you could experiment with and see if it happens with that one too? Also, have you tried restarting your router and modem? Last thing, have you tried resetting all the settings (factory default) on your router? My router had an issue where if i or anyone else downloaded something faster than 1mb/s it would drop our connections and we could not connect on that adapter again until the router was restarted... I thought my onboard network port was dying, so i had put in an old 10/100mbp/s PCI card and had the same thing happen. Then when i put everything to factory default and just changed the wifi/router login info, i could download anything as fast as i wanted. I didnt change any settings on it either... For some reason factory defaults seem to work in some situations.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      Its a sign that you should go to bed. No mako for you.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
      • Artistic Artistic x 1
      • Oct 24, 2013
        I am an integrator for a lot of peoples home networks and shit, a lot of the time I see people having problems like this for a few reasons.
        Usually when my clients have problems with routers and access points is because they need to call their cable company to put their cable provided modem into bridge mode.
        What happens is if you have a modem/router combo and then access points or another router you can create conflict.
        It may work for a day or so when you first set it up but after that it will start to conflict with things and make your AP seem to not work.
        It will say something like unstable connection.

*I saw the pic with your ip, and see that you are not directly connected to the modems ip.
        You may want to either call your ISP and have them put it into bridge mode, or set up a Static IP for your router.
        If you have a Apple router you need to use a special program that adapts it to windows format, but i forgot what it's called.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Correct. You have to contact the cable company to place the modem in bridge mode. Since without making any DOCSIS changes (by opening up your modem and programming it illegally) you don't get as many options, it's better to turn it off completely. For wireless: You can also attempt to change the frequencies on which your router runs. Your other option is to buy a hardware RF scanner that will map an image of all the components in your house that are conflicting with your router. From there, you can diagnose and find the best frequency to work with or to move around components until you get a good signal.
        • Nov 17, 2012
          Should Power Cycle it every 1-2 weeks (basically, turn it off for a min, turn back on).
          Uhm, other than that... Not sure what I can help you with :3
        • Nov 11, 2011
          Tell him to stop working on ze_amko_aborted_fetus_remake
        • Nov 17, 2012
          And to do his chores, going to bed and mopping the lawn
        • Jun 11, 2012
          No need to call them, get your Router/Modem IP, log in usually the user/password is admin/admin. You can also just google your router/modem info it's on the net already. There's a literally a drop down that you choose to Bridge Mode. I did it on a Docsis 2 and 3. Unless you have some weird US laws that says you can't access your Router/Modem firmware which is literrely Linksys/Netgear router firmware with a added modem handling, it's just right there, there's no way you can brick it.

Also all they do is remote connect to the firmware and changed the drop down and power cycle it remotely. 15min could save 15% more on car insurance.
        • Apr 3, 2013
          Why are you all still posting here, the issue was solved a long bong time ago