Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Getting into mapping

Discussion in The No Count Section started by D3adDawn, Feb 19, 2012

1. Feb 5, 2012
    Slowly starting to map, Pinkie Pie showed me some tips last night (yeah, I know, that sounds wrong) and I'm making some test maps. Don't call me a mapper until I make some good maps. :smile:
    Plus, I felt like posting again because I have not posted in quite a while.
    Also, don't think that this means I'm dropping out of being an admin, I still we be on the servers. :smile:
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    @Pinkie Pie is VERY comfortable with his sexuality.... watch out. And just check out all of the beginner mapping tutorial videos, or try watching live streams of people mapping, it helps =D
  3. May 15, 2011
    And yes, here are some links to some very useful tutorials:
    TophattWaffle
    SDK wiki
    3Klik'sPhilip
    And then try Gamebanana too. Sometimes they have good little tuts.
    As Fag Yell said, Live streams are good to use too. I don't use mine very often but Chodda is building a map, so he's open. Also if you ever need just ring me up and I'll help you through Team Viewer.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 18, 2011
      Tophat waffle as Pinkie Pie posted is helpful to me. When I wanted to map for like a day I sat down learned how and never reinstalled hammer again. Youtube has some homemade videos from mappers too.