Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Ghosting?

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by teemo, Nov 4, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 25, 2014
    So if an Admin ghosts you I feel you should be able to dc to avoid death.

This happened earlier today when Zombieslayer left the server then joined 2 seconds later and came and stabbed me where I was hiding.

I would think having admins so this would only let everyone else do it and make the server worse off.

It only leads to players breaking other rules.
  2. Feb 8, 2013
    Ghosting isn't allowed in the first place.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sep 18, 2011
      lol I happened to reconnect to gain my !zteles back, Legal?
      Ghosting anyways is legal as a zombie.
      I always check the most obvious places on panic westide thats an old school map, redcrate hidden wall, all the secrets, white truck hidden wall etc...

QQ. have nice day.:clown: *ur bird noises*
    • Feb 13, 2014
      Not ghosting is older than the bible............
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Unfortunately, in short, it is. There's not really a solid way of knowing for sure who's ghosting maliciously and who just happened to see where someone was when they joined.

@teemo does this solve your issue?
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Feb 13, 2014
        Unethical in terms of game play and sportsmanship? You bet. Against server rules? Not at all.
      • Feb 8, 2013
        It is against the rules, Atriarc! Gosh. No wonder those Kansas boys hated you.
      • Feb 13, 2014
        Can you not read what I quoted....what Momo (An LSA mind you) posted...or even the rules page for ZM? Nothing there about ghosting.

Just in case you missed it:

• Jan 25, 2014
        So I can dc to avoid being tagged cause they ghosted me?
      • Feb 13, 2014
        No, that's a violation of ZM Server Rules.

[IMG]
        Atriarc, Nov 4, 2015 Last edited by Atriarc, Nov 4, 2015
      • Jan 25, 2014
        Then what's to stop everyone from just ghosting and going to tag the person especially when there is like one guy left?
      • Feb 13, 2014
        There isn't anything to stop people from doing it. If it's obvious, as stated above in the quoted Aprz post, then there are things we can try to do however, that was not the case in your original post.
      • Mar 12, 2015
        I think ghosting should be illegal in general, but I agree
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Whether you're able to catch intended ghosting or not, besides that, it is against the rules. I don't care if you can stop it or not. People get away with stealing and murdering, but that doesn't make it OK.

I'm pretty sure ghosting is against server rules. It's been mentioned by admins before. How much it has been established, I don't know.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Ghosting in general has been against the rules. Now I do refer of ghosting where in this case "I am spectating someone and say their hiding spot to others who are zomibes or maybe I d/c and join as zombie to get them dead" case. Because if you guys consider that legal, that's a really screwed up system y'all got in ZM.

Granted, I am not a ZM person so I can't tell what unofficial/unwritten rules is in place. Again, this is some really murky water and that's why ZE went bollocks with Admin vs Players.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 13, 2014
          You obviously cannot read the ZM Server Rule page or have no intention on reading the page. Again, let me direct you to the CLICK HERE--> ZM Rule Page <--CLICK HERE where you will find no such rule against ghosting. If you are not going to be constructive with the information provided to you Orange then please refrain from posting.
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Feb 8, 2013
            No intention of reading, but I will continue to post. :thumbsup:
          • Dec 17, 2007
            @Orange don't listen to Atriarc he's just trying to get a rise out of you. You and I have been admins here long before this guy was and we know ghosting has always been illegal, not matter who's butt you're trying to kiss.
          • Jul 14, 2010
            You guys should re-read Momo's post. Ghosting was never made an official rule of on the ZM server.

Did player A rejoin and see you by accident, did he rejoin and look for you, or did he randomly find you after joining the game? How does an admin properly warn-kick->ban and record evidence for a player doing this? I personally believe if there is concrete evidence that someone rejoined and spectated you in a hiding spot, and went and killed you, they should be punished. Generally, when someone is hiding, I look around on the map in spectate to make sure they aren't glitching in a prop and if I find someone legitimately hiding, then I do not go and kill them as I find that to be abuse of the command. It takes integrity to play, and some people just don't have that. So establishing a rule around this can cause a lot of issues that we would like to avoid so we should try and come to a community agreement on how to handle this.

Fix: Create a plugin that shows a player who is watching him and rely on that player to give a demo of him seeing the name of the person who rejoined to kill him. This has a couple issues with admins watching potential rule breakers, and being potential rule breakers themselves if they had immunity to look for hackers.. It's a lot of work, for someone to make a plugin, and rely on players or admins to watch for these very rare occurrences. Is this worth the time investment? If so, then I think these tools should be put in place, but that's up for a huge debate in itself.

Fix 2: Allow ghosting. I love the hiding aspect of ZM and tend to get more enjoyment from hiding in a crazy spot than defending a super OP spot for a whole round, but this is again up to debate of the game play of ZM. If we allow ghosting, then we set the precedent that hiding in ZM is not a feature we intended to have in the game which takes away from player fun.

So we have these two choices, and probably some more, but I don't feel quite like putting in the time to brainstorm a million of the best possible ideas for this. Do we rely on integrity of the players? Or do we put this headache on admins and players to gather this evidence and make the game fairer? I would elaborate further on ideas unless this post I put a decent amount of thought into is ignored and nothing changes.

And avoiding death is NEVER allowed even if someone broke the rule against you. This sets a bad precedence that it is okay to break rules against other players who break different rules and causes a lot more trouble. If someone breaks a rule, report them, do not break a different one! You are both responsible! Please feel free to ask questions or have me elaborate as I didn't critique this as much, but I would like to get a final stance on this issue then let it linger as a half rule that never was fully established.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.