Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

git koans

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Kyle, Apr 8, 2013

1. Apr 9, 2007
    We've been using git internally for a while now (to not lose plugins to the ages), however there are a few gotchas. Less so then mercurial as I don't want to sacrifice a poor little animal whenever I have to deal with it, but more so that its usable.

http://stevelosh.com/blog/2013/04/git-koans/

@Brian
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      git checkout
      git checkout
    • Mar 12, 2008
    • Jul 8, 2012
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Here's a simple thing to follow. Don't Pull Request on Github a branch you already have in your local PC because you were wanted a placeholder for a issue you thought off while you were on your phone. Then later fix the issue, merge with master, then rebase, then push to it only to be dumbfounded that it doesn't mark it close it and as merge. I freaking spent 30 min because I wanted a little bar to go from green to blue where I could have mark it as fixed and closed it (Again this was my own pull request from my own repo). I then reconfirmed how retarded I really am because of colours.

Also I had to test the git -h branch because you can do svn help branch and it will display some help info. Today I learned.