Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Glitching Vendi physics

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by [pF]Disturbed_One, May 14, 2015

1. Mar 10, 2014
    This has been an issue that needs some clarification. People think its ok to shoot the corner of a prop(usually a vendi) to cause it to pull towards them. When the angle they are firing at should cause it to push away. This is considered illegal, for it is quite literally glitching the physics of the prop. For the admins i feel this should be treated as a warn>kick>1hr ban pollicy, with further increases in ban length if it continues. Will post pictures when i get home to further show what i mean.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jun 29, 2014
    • Mar 10, 2014
      Pictures will come later when i get home it will help clarify what i mean
    • Jul 14, 2010
      You are completely correct. This is one of those unwritten rules that falls under exploiting, but a little note about it might be worth adding into the rules if it's becoming an issue again.

Edit: It is still okay to use those type of spots and pull a vendy in for defense, as long as you are not purposely glitching the vendy onto yourself. If zombies push it onto you, then try and unglitch yourself. Usually enough space to be able to jump and/or walk around (just barely), are signs that you are not glitching.
      • Like Like x 2
        PeNguiN, May 14, 2015 Last edited by PeNguiN, May 14, 2015
      • Oct 24, 2013
        That would help make that one desert warehouse looking map be a lot more fair. It's impossible to get somebody if they go under that stairs spot people bring vendies to.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Dec 27, 2012
          I would highly recommend trainers to mention this just as a side-note when explaining exploiting, many new admins don't seem to know this. It might not seem like a problem but this issue occurs pretty often to be honest, and has caused dramas every now and then that could have been avoided. More information is needed in general when it comes to the "unwritten" rules since training, in my own experience, doesn't cover that area that much if at all.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
            Vicarious, May 14, 2015 Last edited by Vicarious, Nov 13, 2015
          • Jan 25, 2014
            • Agree Agree x 1
              teemo, May 14, 2015 Last edited by teemo, May 15, 2015
            • Feb 8, 2013
              I understand what you mean, but how is that glitching the physics of the props? That's not glitching at all, unless you're shooting the props into yourself, then, that's glitching, but you didn't include that. You just said that they were pulling it towards them, in that case, that's similar to shooting a prop away from them. They're just shooting the prop. Again, DO NOT (let me put this in all caps and underline it for ya'll blind mother fuckers) accuse me of saying that it's legal to glitch yourself into a prop.
            • Mar 10, 2014
              its glitching the physics, because the angle of which you are shooting it should make the vendi shoot away from you, yet it pulls closer. Thus its glitching the physics
            • Oct 29, 2010
              It really just boils down to the fact that there are a number of spots that become too powerful if we allow prop movement in this manor. I've never had problem with using this method to set up a cade, some props are too heavy to move reliably any other way, but once zombie come into play it's time to stop.
            • Feb 8, 2013
              I know for a fact it's not just the corners. You can pull props towards you by shooting the bottom and back face of the prop.
              Post Merged, May 15, 2015
              I think it's balanced out now that runboosting is a common factor of gameplay. Zombies can actually overpower humans much more than when I started playing here. I think it's time that we let things go for humans sake, I mean.
              Post Merged, May 15, 2015
              Well, I can at least give an example of spots that you may agree with:

Fail Inc. - Spot within the pipes where you can pop a vendy in and stay perfectly safe even with a invisible zombie outside. Might be a bit too much there.

Ok. That's all I can think of right now, sorry.
            • Jan 21, 2011
              Shooting at a prop and it coming toward you is glitching physics. I've always warned>kicked>banned for it.
            • Feb 27, 2012
              If you're building a cade, it's whatever. But if zombies are trying to get you and you're shooting a prop to pull it, that's bad.
            • Oct 29, 2010
              ZM is still EXTREMELY human sided. All of the spots I'm thinking of would not be effected by run boosting at all, unless you were just using that as an example of how ZM has become a bit more zombie sided, it's pretty irrelevant.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Dec 28, 2014
                I know exactly what you mean, and I have tried to warn people for this and have received little backing.
                What happens is that you glitch the physics in game so when you are shooting at a vendy in one direction -->>>> [ vendy ] and you hit it at the right angle, the vendy will actually move <<<-- towards you.
                This is definitely illegal, and should be embedded into the admin training program so more people are aware of this largely overlooked issue.
              • Feb 25, 2014
                Take ocxy orly or duke nukem map, there identical spots wich can easily be hold with one vending machine and even if zombies pull it out you can shoot it back towards you, that is too powerful.
              • Jan 25, 2014
                Yup needs to be addressed again players keep doing it
              • Oct 29, 2010
                It's never stopped, it's just not all that common. Admins should just proceed as usual.
              • Jan 25, 2014
                or admins need to be more informed of this rule.
                • Agree Agree x 3
                • Mar 31, 2011

So is it bannable or not? No one seems to want to enforce it.