Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

GO votesystem broken

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive started by Fornax, Aug 26, 2012

1. Jun 18, 2012
    Like the title says, it seems to me that the vote system for CS:GO on the ZE server is broken (haven't played on ZM).

I figured there's something wrong with it since yesterday when I was on we changed to a number of maps while the ''nextmap'' told us another one in chat. Today we voted for Timesplitters and we went to Mirrors_Edge.

I know there's being worked a lot on the GO servers but I thought it'd be nice for you guys to know about some little issues which there might be.
  2. Jul 16, 2012
    Thank you Fornax, for bringing this issue up. It will be worked out as soon as possible. For now, just tough it out.
  3. Apr 9, 2012
    Can you vote on ze? I couldn't use nominate at all
  4. Jun 18, 2012
    I can't nominate either but I think all maps on GO atm are the ones being nominated. (Waiting for your Cathedral to be played :wink:) Yet you can vote.

And okies ixikitty thanks for your time. :smile:
  5. Jan 30, 2011
    That's because Donator perks aren't yet available on the GO servers, believe Admin's do though, which allows nominate to work for them.

As for the issue in the OP, the same thing could be happening in the CSS servers. you need to type in nextmap at the end of the round, or something, for it to say what map you are going to next.
  6. Jun 18, 2012
    That's exactly why I made this thread, it would say for example Timesplitters and move us to Mirrors Edge.
  7. Jan 30, 2011
    Oh okay, apologies. I must have misinterpreted your OP then. I never encountered this problem before though, so must have only started in the past couple days.
  8. Feb 21, 2007
    No. I was map testing, as I stated several times in the server.

Using custom votes is screwed up, when trying to use quotes, it wouldn't read them and then the votes would be screwed up (because it wasn't seeing the quotes)
    Also, using the set next map command is not working correctly as well. on ZE, i would set the next map and then when the map would change, it would go to a random map (as stated above, it went to timesplitters, when infact I had set the map for mirrors edge)

So, when it went to time splitters, I wanted to actually change the map to mirrors edge, so I had manually changed it. @Fornax there is nothing wrong with that part, as this was my doing.
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    Hi @retslag1

Are you using `sm_votemap` or `say !votemap` where quotes are the problem? I know it exists with say, but if it's there with commands, we have a problem.

I'll check out nextmap, thanks!
  10. Feb 21, 2007
    I am using the format:
    @vote "do we want to map test" "" "yes" "no"

it pops up as a vote:
    1. we
    2. want
    3. to
    4. map
    5. test

Thats the same way votes show up when u forget to put quotes around everything
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Yeah, parsing like that is broken in GO. I doubt they'll fix it, go with the actual console command sm_vote.

If it's broken there I'll have to definitely do something...
  12. Jul 1, 2010
    Works in console.
  13. Jun 18, 2012
    Oh ok, I was there only the last 2-3 rounds so I probably didn't notice then. I have seen it happen every time I have played the past few days though, so I thought something was wrong with it.