Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Going to jail in Norway

Discussion in Entertainment started by Badgriuel, Jul 27, 2011

1. Jul 20, 2010
    My link

Oh I'm so going to Norway and going to jail yeah! Look at that shit lol, most you can serve is 21 years haha and no capital punishment.
  2. Feb 20, 2011
    Thats 21 years, and then they decide if he'd mentally stable enough to leave, if they deem him not to be, they'll put him back in jail for another 5 years, they can do this forever.
  3. Jul 20, 2010
    Shit I'd stay there all the time lol
  4. Jun 10, 2011
    But you don't get HBO! D:
  5. Sep 22, 2010
    Most humane prison in the world? THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT? GDIF
  6. Apr 11, 2011
    well damn, that bed looks even more comfortable than mine... -.-
  7. Nov 2, 2010
    Wtf?! Man that's just gonna make the inmates worse lol..

Then again Norway is the highest living quality country on earth.
  8. Sep 25, 2010
    I can't imagane prison feeling nice even with a bed and a plasma tv :razz:
  9. Feb 21, 2007
    wtf?? thats just stupid. In america, those guards would be killed by the inmates.
  10. Feb 18, 2011
    Wow...I have friends who are working 2-3 jobs barely making ends meet then I see this..
  11. Sep 6, 2010
    They should send him to Gulag
  12. Oct 27, 2010
    I laughed really hard when I saw the guy on a uni-cycle. :tongue:

I have to say that I get the idea behind that prison. The american prison is crime school: people often come out worse then they were when they went in and the stigma place upon them means that it is very difficult for them to ever get a job again, forcing them back into the cycle. :confused:

That system seems like it tries to uplift the underprivileged, the chief constituents of the criminal class. That makes sense.

The guy who committed the murders is clearly not capable of ever returning to society and everyone knows that; he most likely can't be changed. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy actually has a large brain tumor or something along those lines. I don't see the reason in creating any more pain by forcing the guy into some terrible conditions, though I understand everyone's desire to do so.

I just think that has been enough pain already.
  13. Oct 21, 2010
    They will still mess him up if he is released into general population. At least I hope they do.

14. Mar 16, 2008
    A bathroom that only the inmate has access to, I wish I had that when I was growing up...
    21 years + (5 x X) he won't be out any time soon. Looks like a nice place to live if you are ever sent to jail though.
  15. Jun 21, 2011
    That doesn't teach rehabilitation. If anything, I would commit crimes all the time so I could live in luxury for free. Its like a college dorm. I don't think that system would ever work in America.

I guess it works for them though :whistling:
  16. Mar 12, 2008
    I bet he gets popcorn too

I'm jelly
  17. Apr 29, 2011
    Yes, while punishing someone like in our jails may seem harsh, it is really the negative reinforcement we are going for in America. Over there, if I was a poor person, why the hell should i work when I can just try to knock over a bank and either come out very rich, or living for up to 21 years in a very posh place?
  18. Jan 10, 2009
    i read this then look at your avatar. then coffee went everywhere.
  19. Jul 20, 2010
    Guys lets all go to Norway and knock over a bank! It's so worth it!
  20. Dec 7, 2010
    Knock over a bank and receive a long term stay in a country club. hmmm... :blink: