Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Going to throw this Xbox.... >:(

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by TrainedSquirrel, Jan 5, 2012

1. Jul 8, 2011
    My xbox is on the frits and i need a new one. I asked gamestop and they would give me $100 for it along with 2 games and a controller if the xbox is in working condition.
    Not a bad deal.
    so i go home and i check to see if its in "working condition". plug it in and i open the disk tray, it didnt open. -__-
    I took the xbox apart and cleaned it all up and it sounds 100x's better, except the disk tray still wont open correctly. I believed it is jammed or the motor is just slown down and dosent want to work for me. :wallbash:
    Any suggestions??
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    If you're adept at taking apart your xbox, change the motor for the disk drive, sounds like it's been blown out
  3. Dec 6, 2011

I have had this exact problem. I have had this same exact problem. I opened my drive and found that the little cheapo plastic gear is stripped (i think it's a LITE-ON drive). If you open your drive you can kind of play with it to get it back to working condition. Just try to take in how everything works on it, then go through the motions of opening and closing it by having your xbox on with it opened up. If you've never taken your xbox apart you should look up on Youtube. Also remember that this voids the warranty if you haven't done that already. (My fix was 6 months ago and it's still working great.)

P.S. I hate Gamestop since they're cheap people and money hoarders. You could probably find a better deal than $100 for what you offered. (Ebay helps!!)
  4. Death Killer
    This message by Death Killer has been removed from public view.
    Jan 7, 2012
  5. Apr 9, 2007
    At this point, why not just buy a new drive?

If you power on the 360 without a DVD drive attached. It should still turn on, however, you've been flagged. You will be banned from XBL when the next ban wave hits.
  6. Feb 18, 2011
    I still am selling my xbox 360 elite with 2 controllers and all of the games (5 quality games) for 90$ mines a better deal. If you can return the non-working one to gamestop I would be happy to sell it to you. :razz:

If not you could try Quietly Yell's post.
  7. Oct 22, 2011
    Ditch xbox and buy ps3. trust me dude.

i have ps3 and xbox 360.... guess what? ps3 own!
  8. Aug 1, 2011
    Everyone has their opinion on this. And Kyle, what do you mean exactly? I'm sorta interested in what you said
  9. Mar 12, 2008
    PS3 has no games
  10. Nov 2, 2011
    My suggestion is put it in a box and ship it to me, i fix it and its mine. Ty.
  11. Oct 22, 2011
    no games? wow, ur a retarded
  12. Aug 18, 2006
    Oh look, another PS3 vs 360 war...Typical console fanboyism.

So wrong on so many levels. Maybe some people have different tastes in games... Just maybe?

"ur a retarded"? Lol... You can figure this one out for yourself.
  13. Oct 22, 2011
    yeah i know, nowdays. both console have same games from same company but there few games both of them dont have and its halo and few other shitty game so i guess he like halo since he say ps3 dont have xbox games so its mean halo, what else?

i have ps3, xbox 360, wii and almost every game made for those console.

surprisingly, i play wii more than xbox 360 cause of shitty console and outlay but pc rapes all of them anyway
  14. Oct 22, 2011
    oh by the way. xbox cause lot of problem than ps3
  15. Aug 1, 2011
    You do realize that "every game" consist of most likely thousands of dollars worth of games from all 3 of those consoles? Careful when you use general statements like that.

Opinion. My Xbox has never failed me once. It all depends on your luck. PS3 has a lot of problems to. Stop being a PS3 fanboy and actually think about what you say.
  16. Mar 12, 2008
    why, i LOVE Halo! i own all the current titles, and all the previous ones! my favorite was Halo 2 on Xbox Live way before PS2 copied it!

In fact, its the best multiplayer experience ever!

But, if you are smart and use google you can fix most of those problems the 360 brings up and STILL be covered for warranty in case it fails.

@OP if it's not the motor, it could be that the tray is simply stuck. I (strongly do not recommend doing this, unless it's a last ditch effort and I take no responsibility for what happens) sometimes get a butterknife, the thinner the better, and simply "help" the tray move out, by slowly, SLOWLY wedging it to the right of the Disc Tray Open Button till it pops out. my xbox is about 3 years old so every now and then dust gets in there (i keep it on the floor, lol.) so it gets gummed up with crud sometimes and i have to do this. I was NOT about to leave Skyrim in there.

Also a good blast or two of compressed air usually cleans all the dust out. Lucky me that i have a 500lb compressor lying around. A can of compressed air will work great too, just don't hold it upside down and use it.

If this fails, it's time to turn it in.