Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Going up a ladder

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by M_Infantry, Jun 22, 2011

1. May 6, 2011
    I am so ashamed to admit this.

I can't say I am a good player, but, somewhat okay.

But, I am freaking slow on the ladder, going up.

I don't know what am I doing wrong. Man I know how to glitch into cades, setup cades pretty good, jumping is bit more experienced, etc. Can't go up the ladder faster than someone who just started playing. This is so sad.

I climb up looking about 45degree angle, always slow.

Need advise and pointers.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    Strafe up it.
  3. Jun 4, 2006
    Coulda just asked anyone on steam this, 95% of people know how. Also posted in the wrong section, should be in help. :confused:
  4. May 6, 2011
    Please help repost into help.

Tried asking. The advise from Harvey from sometime ago was 45degree angle, Harvey it didn't work 4 me. :sad:

But, also thought, since I am having so much trouble with it, maybe some others too have the same issue. So, brought it up in forum.

Strafe, huh? how can u strafe on ladder? You are saying I should use "left" and "right" arrow, while going up?
  5. Sep 25, 2010
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    W + D if you're looking to the left of the ladder, W + A if you're looking to the right. Simple.
  7. May 6, 2011
    Ah ha......This helps tremendously.

See below video example, not that your explanation wasn't good Brian. :biggrin:

But, the video makes it so much clearer. I guess I am one of those 5% who don't know this, honestly, you can ask any player that plays with me, I never can climb ladders faster than they could, even I played for so long.

(Pls lock this, to avoid more posts. THX)
  8. Jun 4, 2006
    Yeah people that don't know how to go up ladders fast is especially annoying on ZM (or any server without noblock)... slow ass zombies :verymad:
  9. Sep 26, 2010
    infantry you've been on numerous times with me when I've bitched about people not knowing how to glitch ladders :teehee: and you've been on at least twice when I've given classes on how to do it lol not that it matters :whistling: