Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Going zombie every round (ZE)

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Tony Montana, Nov 16, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 4, 2011
    This is something that should be a rule, going zombie every round on purpose in order to work against the humans. The current unwritten rule states it's griefing if 5 or more players does it, this is wrong and should be changed, It isn't about how many that does it, it's about who's doing it. I (one player) demonstrated this earlier by going zombie every round on predator, 0-7 for the humans. I understand some people find it entertaining to do this but it really messes up the game for everyone else and isn't the purpose of the mod. On the ZM server there is a message saying "However, don't be a dick and go zombie on purpose", why not on ZE? A zombie on ZE is much more "valueable" than one on ZM where you basically camp the whole round, with a spot/cade set up, you are good to go, no matter how many zombies there are. On the other hand at the ZE server, if a "pro" goes zombie every round, such as element, the chances of humans winning are significantly decreased.

I can demonstrate that the current "5 or more to punish" does nothing, if needed. It really discourages players from playing on the server when people like this are playing, I've seen a full server go to half the amount when these individuals are having "their fun".

That is all. Please consider.
  2. Feb 19, 2011
    Dude I used to do this all the time, so much so that my rank was very last on one server I played out of 4000 players. I can see how this rule would be important on a ZE server, but on ZM as long as you do it away from any humans it's ok I think.
  3. Mar 19, 2011
    I do agree with you strongly. I mean I hate people who do it to be dicks honestly that what it comes down to. I mean In all Honestly I don't think Element does it for that reason but seeing others do it makes me so angry I myself could do the exact same thing every round and there would really be very few victories for the humans but I choose not too. If this rule isn't enforced I don't really care but at least get rid of the fucking half zombie... Why is there a need for one it just ends being used to rape the humans 90% of the time. And I'm sure there's gonna be the typical responses "HERP DERP Shoot Him that's all you gotta do." But trust me that's not an easy thing to do at all when you are shielded pretty much half the time by other zombies or just props in general.
  4. Sep 6, 2010
    I think the key to this is having maps that are equally distributed for zombie/human favor, like lila panic. Other maps are way too easy for humans to survive and some are actually easier for zombies to win (e.g. office attack map).
  5. Dec 7, 2010
    I never heard of this "unwritten rule of 5 more players turning into zombies" is griefing. Can you please direct me to the individual who supposedly concocted this? I am also unfamiliar with the statement of "However, don't be a dick and go zombie on purpose" on zm servers. On zm we encourage back-stabbing and having as many zombies as possible. Please advise where you are obtaining this information as I have never heard of this in the year and a half that I have been here.
  6. Feb 1, 2011
    The "5 or more" rule is something that came about due to other threads involving Element and others inflating the zombie numbers on ZE. Last I heard, Badgriuel sticks to the "5 or more" rule as far as enforcing it. The reasoning (if I remember correctly) is because the ratio of zombie to humans on ZE is rather crucial to the gameplay. When people purposely turn zombie and inflate the numbers near the beginning of the round, it warps the difficulty level of the map. I would ask Badgriuel for further clarification, but Tony Montana is not misinformed on this matter.

As far as the "However, don't be a dick and go zombie on purpose", I believe he is referring to the server message in ZM that reads "Have you been backstabbed recently? Good. We encourage you to do so. However, don't be a dick and get tagged on purpose". This message is unique to ZM, and it is a reminder of the rule about not purposely getting stabbed in a spot just to stab your teammates / the people you are camping with. For example: If a bunch of people camp on top of a box each round, and one guy purposely stands near the edge with the sole intention getting stabbed and stabbing everyone else.
  7. Dec 7, 2010
    Thanks for the clarification dill. It helps when you have the whole story and not just part of a quotation.
  8. Jul 20, 2010
    What Dill pretty much said, Ray said in one of the topics started that a few people wasn't really a problem but when you got to 5 or more people that's where you came into big imbalance issues on ze.
  9. Feb 12, 2011
    Yeah, but as tony said, the amount of people doesn't matter, but wether someone with a non-retarded mind gets infected purposely. Since everyone who is SOMEWHAT in their right mind will pick half zombies and can get through w/o humans even noticing.
  10. Feb 18, 2011
    I suggested that we have a mod that allows you to be a zombie on demand for the selection of zombie., Kyle is going to implement it in the new zombie mod from what I remember.
  11. Feb 19, 2011
    That sounds interesting but could potentially be abused unless a timer or teleport is placed on it, which there probably is. but selecting zombie like you do terrorist and counter-terrorist would be cool too...if you were to build a mod from source, a brand new game.
  12. Mar 14, 2011

btw: http://plaguefest.co...post__p__108903

:grin:
  13. Apr 29, 2011
    A.) Using Predator was a bad example, as we get those long fails all of the time, and you know it.

B.)You are giving too much credit to element. He's not good, he just knows how to use the half zombie, unlike a majority of the derpists on ZE.. Just learn his tricks and you'll be good.

C.) I think you are letting your resentment for not being able to progress through the stages on certain maps cloud your logic on this. Its not that the purposeful zombie is really good, its that the humans are really bad. Our ZE clientele these days are extra derpy.
  14. Aug 10, 2011
    I'd be more than willing to never go zombie on purpose ever again...if you ban awps :grin:
    That's the deal breaker 4 me :smile:
  15. Jul 4, 2011
    I agree. The half zombie is way too OP for ZE. Either remove/replace it or make this a rule.

I believe Retslag or Haplo told me it's 5+ to be considered griefing.

[IMG]

Doesn't solve anything unless the crawler skin is removed, and as I said, it's not about the amount of people going zombie, it's about who.

A.) No, predator is a fine example if you know where the humans won't look as much. "We get those long fails all the time", last few times I've seen you play the map, you went zombie every time.

B.) No, I'm not, he is a good player, just a shame he goes zombie every time. Again, the crawler is too OP for ZE. "Just learn his tricks and you'll be good" what's that supposed to mean? Follow him around every time to make sure he doesn't get past me?

C.) Yes, blame it on the average player who's just wanting to have a good time on the server, who's just not good enough. The problem lies at the people going zombie every time, not neccisarily the humans skills and knowledge of the map, one zombie shouldn't be able to fuck things up like this. Reason why I made this thread is obviously because I noticed people like element significantly decreases the chances of beating the maps, which in most cases are peoples intentions when playing ZE, to win. It's not a personal issue, I just leave the server when people like this are on.
  16. Aug 10, 2011
    I honestly don't see this thread going anywhere, similarly to the awp thread, half zombies are part of the game and it's one of the few advantages the zombies still have, nbk, element and myself have refrained from going zombie every round, we do it on occasion but nowhere near as often as we used to, generally I'll only do it if I get left behind multiple times on Minas Tirith, that or do the Plaguefest, if I do all the work just to die or get locked out I'm gonna get revenge. Humans get good and stop complaining.
  17. Apr 29, 2011
    First off, way to copy the message FROM ANOTHER SERVER. That Don't be a dick thing is from ZM, where people hold out for the entire round. That is also referring to edging.

A.) Yes, I played zombie the past two times. However, even when I just spec, or even play human, we still get long fails often. You leave when people like Element play? I leave when Predator comes up.

B.) Actually, Element isn't too amazing of a player. He catches people because they consistently fail to shoot low, or they decide to get on edges or close to them. Fence and Right side on Predator, you know what I'm talking about. At Minas Tirith, We know how he likes to get the flag and go top beam on stage three. I start warning my team about this and what'd ya know, it starts getting hard for him to make it to the elevator past the people on the beam.

C.) So let me get this right. You are telling me that the people who get on the fence, stand next to the vines, can't crouch jump for shit, fail hard on right side, its not their fault? Its too easy for them to fuck things up. If one human goes, if he is in the corret positioning, the whole team can go. Sure, a zombie who knows the map can easily kill the team, but one un-informed human can cause just as much damage.

EDIT: This has been discussed already anyways. Clicky Clicky. Decision reached there, so honestly, this thread is irrelevant.

FURTHER ANALYZATION OF OP EDIT:

Half of the server leaving because of this? I have never seen this happen. Besides, I thought you said you leave every time this happens/Element plays. How would you know it is because of this?

And a zombie being more valuable on ZE? I've been playing on ZM more, and I can accurately say that a player already inside a cade who goes zombie on purpose is more valuable than one who waits at spawn to get attacked. The player in the cade will already be ready to fuck up the players at the very moment he changes, while the zombie on ZE will have to catch up to the humans since he waited at spawn for zombies to spawn.

Element isn't truly griefing. He doesn't edge to get zombied, he goes to spawn to get changed there. To grief a team involves playing on that team. By your logic, the entire human team is griefing the zombies by not letting them attack them, and the zombies are griefing the humans by not trying to let them win. Thus, we must ban the whole server.

@Burnout
    I want you to contact me on Steam when I get on later today. You accused me of something (in the AWP Thread) I'm pretty sure I didn't do, and I want to clear this up as soon as possible.
  18. Mar 12, 2008
    honestly what is WITH all these "it isn't fair, make it a rule" stuff flying around ZE lately?

This is completely off topic, but just gonna say this right now. When i used to be LSA you know what kind of problems we had for ZE?

None. Except for the occasional hackers and people that would camp on an ESCAPE map, usually on ledge spots. Now i know maps have changed since then and bosses have been added but that still doesn't take away from the fact that if someone is doing something you think is wrong, it does NOT warrant you to try and have it removed.

in 3dg's case, it's awps. Who. The. Fuck. CARES. it's about having fun, if you want to win, go join a dedicated ZE server with the other elitist fucks that think CS ZE is a competition.

For Half zombies, it only fails if someone is retarded enough to get close to an edge, which on our servers especially you should know by now, there are at least 6 retarded fucks out of every 10 people so it's expected that you'll lose a large portion of the time.

Honestly if everyone here that's pitching a bitch fit actually put that energy towards making the server/player quality better we'd have the best server in the world, instead of a few

"IM SO GOOD AT THIS ZE THE REST OF YOU ALL SUCK ASS, WORSHIP ME AND YOU BETTER HOPE I DON'T TURN INTO A ZOMBIE OR YOU'LL ALL LOSE" mentality.

Now burn in hell.
  19. Feb 18, 2011
    LETS ADD RULES ABOUT NOT USING SKINS THAT ARE MADE TO BE PLAYED. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.
  20. Apr 29, 2011
    OH THANK GOD! SOME MOTHERFUCKING SANITY AROUND HERE!

This behavior is so damn common. Sure, I partake in it a bit, but its all in good fun, never in the vein of the people I believe you are referring to.

Thats what I mean by my half zombie comment. We lose one guy on the edge, no one shoots him, and he fucks up da team. This is more profound on ZE then ZM, as usually, except for a few maps, the whole team is in one place, thus ending the game.

The scary part is that this gem of logical thought comes from Taters, who I think is of relatively questionable mental health :razz:. What does that say of the rest of you?

Tony, man, WTH happened. You used to be a cool guy to play with, but recently, you've just been bi***ing about the rules. Rule 13, awps, element, anything that limits Mako, you;ve just been complaining about everything under the sun. Calm down and just play, or go play on one of the types of servers Taters mentioned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.