Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

good free anti virus

Discussion in The No Count Section started by Richard420, Jan 15, 2012

1. Dec 2, 2011
    Just as the title says if you know of any because my subscription is over with my current av, so if you know of one please post the download link.
  2. Mar 20, 2011
    MSE all the way...
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    Is this decent though? People are saying the Norton 360 that comes free with my internet is crappy, even though it cleans up my computer very nice. I shouldn't get MSE over Norton, right?
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    MSE is better, but if you have shit like AV firewall protection or spam filters with norton keep it, and when it expires I recommend getting Kaspersky Pure. For realtime protection get mse but to remove shit you think is doing more damage to your computer get malwarebytes. I heard iobit malware defender isn't horrible either.
  5. Apr 9, 2007
  6. Mar 12, 2008
    Page cannot be found for Win7 64 bit. Lulz. DAT 404

I go with AVG and Malware Bytes.

i have a license for AVG so i have a full copy, but the free version is just as good.
  7. May 15, 2011
    If you get the new Norton it's actually worth it. Norton use to suck more cock than Elton John but it's pretty decent now IMO.

But for free I say get Antivir Antivirus.

Everyone else is drunk, MSE sucks. <.< >.> (I never use it so I don't know.) :razz:
  8. Feb 21, 2007
  9. Feb 18, 2011
  10. Jun 4, 2006
    http://www.av-comparatives.org educate yourselves fools. spoiler alert: MSE ain't shit.
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    What do you suggest bri-man.
  12. Jan 30, 2011
    I use Avira, it may not get every virus out there known to man, but it works the majority of the time.
  13. Jul 1, 2010
    I personally like Nod32
  14. Dec 6, 2011
    Yea, Norton is really nice, auto scans and everything for me. I haven't had problems over the past 2 years with it. And I get Norton 360 free with internet for life, so it's nice.
    And no offense, I FUCKING HATE Nod32 with a passion. Most annoying shit ever, screwed up my dad's computer that I tried fixing for him. It didn't protect a thing.
    I even have a OEM copy just chillin' in my room, i'll probably just toss it.
  15. Mar 26, 2011
    Yes NoD32 sucks.
  16. Dec 3, 2011
    www.free-av.com is the one i use (Antivir) and never had virus problems or whatever bad can be..
    Its free to download, free for use, when he update's you get a sort of payment screen, just press OK and done, no payment need.
    Its more an advert that pops up to pay for the full version, but the normal version is already good enough.

Almost daily update's. Hope this helps you!
    To download check the right bottom side (Avira Free Antivirus 2012)
  17. Jul 1, 2010
    Never had a problem with it and it has been phenominal, best I've ever used in fact. DEFINATELY prefer it over every Norton version I have ever used.

Using ESET Smart Security at the moment.