Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Goodbye Dad.......

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by doc watson, Aug 11, 2012

1. Jul 13, 2008
    My father passed away earlier this week with me by his side after a tough battle with cancer. Its been a rough year as my brother passed away at easter again with cancer.

I sometimes rued the day I introducted my dad to computers, with the famous phone call..

"I was in dos and typed 'del *.*' and the computer dosent work"

A lover of computers and new technology he had a regular wednesday 'Red Alert' gaming evening with friends (at the age of 76!!!) and was a constant inspiration to me.

If you catch me swearing or doing a 'Doc Watson rage' then please be mindful that plaguefest is a stress release for me as well as superb entertainment.... I hope I will still be playing plaguefest when im 76.

RIP dad x
  2. Jun 20, 2012
    Sorry to hear that your father passed away, he sounds like he was a pretty special person. From reading your post about his love of computers, the wednesday gaming events, and the tone in which you speak of him, I can tell he was more than just a father. I have no doubts that he was also a great man. I will add your family into my prayers.

Kolme
  3. Apr 1, 2012
    may he rest in peace and depart to a more peaceful and better place.

amen
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    Just playing the organ (BWV 543), the Doric tocata in d (BWV 538) and the Fantasia & Fugue in g minor (BWV 542).

Those pieces always remind of the things in life that are pretty hard, that were difficult, but also the beautiful moments I have had with both my grandparents and certain friends.
    Even though they aren't here anymore, playing the organ and those pieces are always a way for me to remind about them and to think they are somewhere in my hearth and my music. As such, they are lifeteachers that undoubtly keep me going forward in the most difficult phases of my life as well as giving me one of the most brilliant times of my life :smile:

I don't know how you would deal with it, but I just thought sharing this method would be a possible help for you!

In any case, it inspired me to continue gaming as long as I can :wink:

May rest in piece and keep on gaming forever.
  5. Feb 1, 2011
    Sounds like your dad was a wonderful man. I'm sorry for your loss Doc :frown: