Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

goodbye guys

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Ronjon, Dec 30, 2011

1. Nov 6, 2011
    Well I have four days left till I ship out and just wanted to say goodbye pf I wont be on these next few days hope everyone has a wonderful new years and ill see you all in three months :smile:
  2. Dec 7, 2010
    See you soon! I'll be looking for you in 3 months! :thumbsup:
  3. Sep 25, 2010
    Make sure you don't drop that nade :smile:
  4. Jul 9, 2011
  5. Mar 16, 2008
  6. Aug 18, 2006

You'll have fun, Reception (in-processing) will suck, that's the worst part about basic training. Just hang in there until you go down range.

Oh, and protip: wake up 10 minutes earlier than everyone else (have fireguard wake you up if you don't have a watch). This will help you out a LOT. That way you get up on your own accord rather than having Drill Sergeants waking you up by flipping bunks over. You'll be all shaved, dressed, and ready before most people are out out of bed. 10 minutes of extra sleep isn't worth the extra stress in the morning.

Enjoy the weather in Ft. Benning. It was really nice down there when I was there last month.
  7. Sep 30, 2011
    I agree with ray fully.
    Being in Active Army for 3 years now, making it to the rank of SGT and now being back down and PV1 I would say I know a bit about todays military.
    He is right about waking up early, it will help you alot.
    You will learn through all this that the meaning of downrange will change often.
    In reception, it means BCT. During BCT it means the going to your unit. In your unit, it means Afghanistan.
    The army is simple, Be where you're suppoused to be, at the right time and in the right uniform.
    If you do that you'll be fine.
    Good luck brother, maybe I'll see you down the road someday.
  8. Aug 18, 2006
    A 30th AG (Reception) Drill Sergeant (D.S. Martinez of Delta Co.) actually told our Company that tip, ironically enough. He dubbed it the tip of all tips... :razz:

Speaking of which, on time means begin 10 minutes early. If you are only 9 minutes early, you are wrong (in other words, you're late and you're going to get smoked).
  9. Sep 30, 2011
    Correct, and when you get to your unit it's going to be 15 minutes early to every hard time.
  10. Nov 29, 2010
    Good luck mate, maintain discipline and you'll be fine
  11. Jul 28, 2011
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great :thumbsup:
  12. Aug 1, 2011

As the above stated, if your not 10-15 minutes early, your late.

It's funny how timings work, OC says 0900h, CSM says 0905h, and time just keeps getting tacked on the further down the chain it goes until it reaches you, so usually 15-20 minutes prior to the original timing.
  13. Jul 9, 2011
  14. Nov 2, 2011
  15. Apr 2, 2011
    Best of Luck Ronjon. Pray God you don't get sent to Delta 24/7. Too many fucked up Drill Sergeants there with the perverse pleasure of breaking the law. BUT, should you not get to Delta 24/7 I wish you luck and to enjoy yourself. I know it will be difficult at times, but as long as you keep your mouth shut and stay alert. You will be fine. ALSO: there is no slipping past Drill Sergeants. If they don't know your name, they know your number. :thumbsup:
  16. Jul 14, 2010
    Goodluck Ronjon! You're a great guy and I hope we continue to hear about your adventures outside of pF!
  17. Jun 19, 2011
    Don't forget to shoot the people you hate!
  18. Jan 12, 2011
    It's been a ball playing with you online. I wish you well in the coming months. Take care! :thumbsup:
  19. Mar 12, 2008

l2p league when you're out.
  20. Jan 21, 2011
    I hate you, but I will still miss you. <3