Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Google ruining YouTube with Google+ integration

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by dillinger, Nov 7, 2013

1. Feb 1, 2011
    So I'm pissed off because Google is fucking up YouTube hard. I've been on YT since 2006 and have worked hard on 50+ videos, but I'm about ready to delete my account and be done with it.

A while back they fucked up my channel design and forced everybody into a cookie cutter mould. I was just getting my channel to look awesome and organize it the way I wanted, and then boom it looked the same as everyone else's.

Today I log on and get a notification that I can no longer see the comments people make on my videos on YouTube, but will instead have to look at them on Google+, my e-mail, or my phone? What the fuck? Why the hell shouldn't I be able to see the comments on the site that they're made on?

Not to mention that every few days they try to force me to connect my account to G+, and even though they're still letting me decline I'm sure that there will be no option eventually. That's prolly when I'll go ahead and get rid of the account altogether.

This whole G+ integration is horse shit and they're just trying to get their lame ass Facebook competitor to be successful by fucking over all these YouTube users.

I've had about enough of Google lately.
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Every time i go to youtube "HEY USE OUR SHITTY G+ OR WE'LL BUG YOU 1000x ASKING THE SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL WE FORCE YOU TO USE IT LOLZ!"

Fucking youtube... I want old youtube back :pissedoff:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        Googles really going down hill. Don't know how it happened, but all my documents on google docs got deleted, even some of my works in progress. Ive had enough of their shit to.
      • Jul 8, 2012
        Google now has majority market share in just about everything, which could be good or bad.

I'm not really a fan of G+, but yeah this is stupid.
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Yeah... I'm really starting to hate Google.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        Haha Dillinger, I know exactly what you mean

Not only that, I never used Google plus so far and yes I did see the notice, it's horrible. But, did you ever mention the annotations updates as well? Every time annotations got updated, it was for the worse. Not long ago I was very satisfied with the options and the limits of the sizes of annotations that somewhat gave a good consistent structure. What does Google? It updates annotation and now all sorts of sizes and ridicilous size adaptations are being implemented as well.

HORRIBLE

I just can't believe it, they're changing policy, annotations, channel design, Google+ integration, and it's all for the worse. The only very positive thing Google ever did was monetization though, I give them the credit, but their updates are, no offence, HORRIBLE.

Also, on their own Google page, instead of having everything nice and easy on one bar, they changed it to a stupid app button where I have to fucking scroll down for translator, and name whatnot they changed for the worse...

To add, I literally stopped using annotations for the last 30 videos or so, and my uploads have gone downhill considerably hard, just as an example of how much I dislike their changes. It literally discourages me
      • Apr 28, 2013
        Now google is trying to merge google accounts and youtube accounts.

DO NOT WANT!!!!!!!!!!
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Feb 8, 2013
          There was a post on reddit a while back using adblock to fix this problem, or maybe it was something else. Either way I will delve into the tubes and if I find anything, i'll edit this post.

EDIT: Might want to go here and see what you can do: http://www.youtube.com/account

EDIT2: Apparently there's really no fix, and if you DO decide to link accounts and then temporarily disable it, you can fuck up your youtube log-in. I'd rather stick with saying "fuck off" each time it pops up instead of chancing a lock-out.

Sorry chaps.
          Taters, Nov 7, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Nov 7, 2013
        • Dec 6, 2011
          "Don't want to use your full name? Ok, we'll ask again later."
          • Agree Agree x 3
          • Feb 3, 2012
            It seems like YouTube has been going down hill for the past few years. :eyeroll:
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Feb 27, 2012
              wut r u doing
              google
              stahp
              • Agree Agree x 4
              • Feb 28, 2013
                Yeah, I noticed the whole comments on google+ thing a little while ago.

God google just please change youtube to back the way it was and just destroy Google+ okay
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Sep 9, 2012
                  The old, old YT layout was the fucking best!!! background image, banner image and comments all on the same screen! I loved it and had a partner page back then with a fucking ton of subs! the new youtube is lame! and I simply can't stress enough how it makes videos and channels so generic....

Lately I'v been thinking of hitting youtube hard with a video a week and re-grow my killers and company channel and stop working for other people but I just hate the layout and the big push for G+!! Stop trying to push goole down our throats!!

*end rant**
                  • Funny Funny x 2
                  • Jun 23, 2010
                    More ways for NSA to spy on us :zombiekiller:
                  • Mar 30, 2012
                    I've already found many amusing things from the comments by now.
                    The comments don't seem to have any limits, so I've found:

Goatse ASCII
                    Dickbutt ASCII
                    An entire long ass clopfic. (Yeah, it's a term, and wasn't even a pony related video to begin with.)
                    The same line posted about a thousand times.

Oh, and i think it's possible to play scripts through that shit as well.
                  • Feb 27, 2012
                    [IMG]

Here comes the spam.... P.S., theradbrad sucks, he talks way too much.
                    [IMG]

Youtube is being a douche now and suggested i watch this.
                    [IMG]
                    • Funny Funny x 3
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Feb 27, 2012
                      Was waiting for an email to make my last.fm account, and i couldn't find it. resent it a couple times, and still couldn't find it. Then i realized there were these stupid tabs.... as if stuff i wanted going to the junk folder wasn't irritating enough -_-

[IMG]