Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fixed Gravity wrecking Bosses

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Detonator, Dec 15, 2013

1. Sep 25, 2010
    Bosses are bing glitched on map change when sv_gravity is being manipulated and isn't reset on a previous map. We need a fix for this. Resetting the gravity OnMapEnd will do the trick(tested).
    Thanks to @enviolinador for bringing this to my attention earlier.
    Detonator, Dec 15, 2013 Last edited by Detonator, Dec 15, 2013
  2. May 31, 2012
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Jul 20, 2012
      There's a plugin that preserves manipulated cvars when changed (TTT uses it on his surfncade map); maybe the true fix here is to just reset a predetermined list. I didn't want to do that, as it's not a solid path forward, but if it needs to happen; it needs to happen.

sv_gravity, sv_friction, sv_airaccelerate, ...?
    • May 31, 2012
      Just gravity. I assume ZE already has sv_gravity and sv_airaccelerate on server.cfg, so the plugin should be pretty simple (Deto tested a little one he did executing the config on OnMapEnd).
    • Apr 9, 2007
      The bug occurs when the cvar isn't changed before the level is initialized. The level starts, then the configs are read. I can reset a list of convars to the default seed values when the level ends; I'll probably do this. I'm assuming Detonator did something similar, but I just don't know. Actually, I'll just reset all of the convars.
    • Sep 25, 2010
      public OnMapEnd()
      {
      	ServerCommand("exec server.cfg");
      }
      That's all I did, not sure if other cvars or files need to be reset.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Ah, that catches defined cvars... I'm sure others are other poisonous as well, just (bad) mappers haven't found them yet.

You should read the value of servercfgfile btw.
    • Sep 25, 2010
      Were you thinking about cooking something that obtains all cvars and applies them OnMapEnd?

Can you elaborate?
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Okay. There's a convar called servercfgfile, this specifies the file that's read post level change.

We just need to iterate on start, and modify convars beginning with sv_ and mp_.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Feb 21, 2007
        would it be easier for me to add a cfg file for each map to reset gravity. it would be alot of cfgs but simple and repetitive.
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Ah, the gesture is both nice and kind, but it's too late in the process. Having a plugin that takes end of level configs would be the same, I think I know the path forward; it's pretty easy on my part (and requires no effort on yours :razz:).
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Apr 3, 2013
          Delete every map and only leave out boss maps and RPD.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          This is probably fixed, but someone should check to make sure. Huge thanks to Brian for compiling and uploading the 30~ line plugin.
        • Sep 25, 2010
          Can you share this for educational purposes?