Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Great Weird Movies

Discussion in Movies started by ::1/128, May 4, 2011

1. Oct 27, 2010
    So I've seen a couple other movie threads on the forums but i never quite saw one which involved the movies I like. I'm not the most mainstream person out there, and for the most part, the modern cinema lets me down on a weekly basis. I thought I would make a thread to see who out there has seen some really excellent films and more than anything, see if there are great films out there that I have yet to see :razz:. So here are a few GREAT movies everyone should be given the privileged to see at some point in their lives.

The Holy Mountain
    Directed by: Alejandro Jodorowsky
    holy-mountain
    This film is incredible, If you like movies and like how they are made you will instantly fall in love with the brilliant, funny, serious, and timeless film. To explain the plot would be an exercise in futility, All I can see is that it is a must watch, It's got nudity in it but its tactful.
    Budget: $750,000 (estimated)
    Gross: $61,001 (USA)(You'll notice that these movies don't do well :laugh: )

Taxidermia
    Directed by: György Pálfi
    taxidermia
    This film chronicles the life of one man through the explorations of the generations that came before him. In this movie you follow the man, the mans grandfather, and the mans father working through those generations to finally meet the taxidermist. This film can be a little gross, but the end is incredible.
    Budget: HUF 500,000,000 (estimated)
    Gross: $10,205 (USA) (8 November 2009)

Funny Games
    Directed by:Michael Haneke
    61funnygameshead
    This movie is a movie about movies and the implication of movies. Its one of the best suspense thrillers I've ever seen and is coupled with excellent acting. Best of all you only want to watch it again when it's done, I love this movie.
    Budget: $15,000,000 (estimated)
    Gross: $1,294,640 (USA) (27 April 2008)

Well there is a few that are really good, I hope others have seen them or have seen non conventional movie that they would love to share as well :smile:
  2. Mar 13, 2010
    Troll 2 bitch. Will beat everything on this list currently, and forevermore.
  3. Oct 27, 2010
    Troll 2 is a bad movie, which I like, where as the movies a posted above are actually quite good.

But in the spirit here are some worse movies:

Leprechaun 5: Leprechaun in the Hood
    lephood222

The Item
    The Item

Pocket Ninjas
    Poket Ninjas
  4. Sep 26, 2010
    zombie sheep, nuff said

Pink_Flamingos_2566
    you just need to see it to believe it

2001 A Space Odyssey Stanley Kubrick Film
    a must for any scifi fan
  5. Sep 26, 2010
    REAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY want to see this movie...depicts the life cycle

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
  6. Oct 27, 2010
    I really like The Tree of Life as well. If you liked that you might also like (its a different movie entirely):

Zardoz
    zardoz

It's pretty much just about sean conery.