Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Grenade Suggestions

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Deven, May 29, 2014

1. Mar 13, 2014
    This is mostly for the Zombiemod server

Ability to drop grenades pressing the default key "G" (Drop a Nade for a Buddy or 2 Haha)
    Link to mod:https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1598832

Grenade Pack (Ability for All players Or just donators to have 2 or more grenades)
    Link to mod: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1598832

Grenade trails (They are basic colours set Client Sided So there is no required Download & have an option to disable/enable
    Link to mod: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=594091

Realistic Grenade (Like Call of duty After X amount of time your grenade will explode in your hand when you pull the pin If your worried about not being able to switch weapons and dying, Thats not the case it acts as if you would put the pin back in like real Life)
    Link to mod: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1602699

Give me some Feedback on these :grin:
    Deven, May 29, 2014 Last edited by Deven, May 29, 2014
  2. May 31, 2012
    What would be the benefits of dropping a grenade? I'm open to be persuaded on this. I could think of a ZE map where dropping a grenade might be useful (random, because of the box item; then you can give the box to your friend if you choose to), but not for ZM and most other ZE maps.

I think grenades are very powerful, and having more than 1 might tip the balance. There might be spots in the (ZM) maps where you can pick up more grenades anyways.

I think management have already expressed dis-interest in trails, unless they are already built into the map. I think it's because it takes longer to download stuff when connecting to the server, and they would prefer to maintain a good download speed so that people don't have to wait to get in.

Same thing for the realistic grenade.
  3. Dec 17, 2007
    i think that would be a good idea, that if you as a donator or admin you can have two or more nades, that would be a good selling point for that

well with this there is no reason to drop a made in zm, however if this is like on cod where you die you can drop a nade that explodes then i def would go for that, again that can be for donator and admin

does work like that in real like, but good idea though

i think this would be a good idea if you can have these extra as a donator or admin, it def would be a good selling point to purchase either one, just be another thing that you can get if you pay for donator or admin
  4. Mar 13, 2014
    Okay guy's i'm sorry that i didnt explain why dropping a grenade is useful because you can drop it for a buddy you got a grenade pack of 2 (Just saying) you can drop one for someone else yah know idk just cool features. Oh and Nobody would have to download any grenade trails they are basic colours Client sided with CSS
  5. Feb 13, 2014

I don't believe there is any reason to add more bloat to the server with something such as this. There is no real need to be able to actively drop grenades. This will be addressed below.

I do believe the ability to have two grenades would be a sufficient addition to the server. I don't believe adding another grenade to a players inventory will cause that much of a disadvantage as zombies can use the force of a grenade to benefit them in their quest for human blood. Yeah you'll have people who now have two chances to completely destroy someone barricade setup but they can do just as much damage with one well placed grenade. I think this will bring albeit a small change to how things are played but a fun one.

Grenade trails are bloat, serve no purpose other than looking pretty.

I wouldn't play with the way the grenades are already. I believe they are sufficient as is. P.S. Once you pull the pin on a grenade the only thing that grenade is going to do next is explode. There is no reinserting pins once they are pulled. (First hand experience/knowledge)
  6. Mar 13, 2014
  7. Sep 7, 2010

As long as you keep the spoon compressed onto the body of the grenade you will not cause the grenade to activate, and will still be able to insert the pin into its resting place safely. Its a mechanical device- very simple and straightforward; the pin is simply there to keep the spoon from decompressing.

I don't really see any reason to add multiple grenades as it causes a large amount of strain on older computers(burning effect)/server during peak hours. If a large amount of people can spam multiple grenades I think it can cause the server to sputter(i could be wrong it has been years since it was an issue if it ever was; but there is a reason for the 3 grenade pickup limit). The other stuff is just pointless fluff, which I personally can't really see any reason to add.
    adinsx, May 30, 2014 Last edited by adinsx, May 30, 2014
  8. Dec 27, 2013
    hell no:poop:
    atleast for ZE, just NO!
  9. Jan 25, 2014
    maybe just for admins or donators make the gernades more effective as in less likely to have a fail nade or a higher slow percentage?
  10. Feb 13, 2014

From my experience with them, once the pin is removed the device is already primed. The spoon just keeps it the timer from starting.