Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Griefing or not?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by [T_T], Jan 23, 2013

Do you consider this as griefing?

Yes 3 vote(s) 9.7%
No 28 vote(s) 90.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Feb 11, 2012
    Is it allowed to cade/block these stairs with props in lila_panic maps as ct? Griefing or not?
    I've seen couple times these stairs caded and it takes usually few minutes for zombies to clear them out of way. Imo its effective way to delay zombies. Some admins have given warnings for doing this as ct. We had little discussion about this yesterday in server.
    2013-01-23_00003 Made a poll also.
    @slisher @Sacabu @Dani
  2. Jan 11, 2012
    I think as long as it doesn't block humans it shouldn't be grief at all
  3. Jul 8, 2012
    I wouldn't think it is, I would think it's the same as cading a specific room or other spot. But as stated above as long as it is not blocking other humans that are trying to go through it I think it's a pretty good idea.
  4. May 15, 2011
    It's not illegal or a means of griefing in any way. Barricades can be broken, even when they are in tough spots that seem impossible, with enough zombies, anything can be overcome. Also, blocking humans? I don't think that has ever been illegal on ZMP/ZM, as when you build a cade, you are already blocking humans in an adverse affect of blocking Zombies. So that doesn't even make sense.
  5. Jul 8, 2012
    What I was referring to was blocking people who were wanting to either go from top to below or vice versa right away in the round. Once the zombies have spawned if you haven't found a spot you're kind of out of luck though. Good idea none the less. I agree as I see no griefing or illegal play here.
  6. Mar 12, 2008
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    This is a strategy we used on ZMP quite frequently. On this particular map, I don't really see the point as zombies spawn on both sides of the cade, but other maps where zombies don't spawn in the basement portion, we used that cade quite often.

I would like to hear the sides of the admins in question though, I'm curious as to why they thought it was griefing.
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Since when is barricading considered grieving? I remember an LSA mentioning that if a spot is frequently used as a passageway and someone breaks it to get through, then it is not considered cade-breaking. This is actually a logical interpretation and possibly the only time cade-breaking isn't considered cade-breaking per se.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      Probably not something we want set in stone, don't want people getting the wrong idea.

I would say this is one of those areas where, if you get it set up too early and expect it not to be broken, you're going to have a bad day. You can't cade a high trafficked area and expect it stay intact, that would just be foolhardy.

I don't believe this particular case has anything to do with cade breaking though. :razz:
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Dec 6, 2011
        So was the admin punishing for blocking zombies out or CT...? I'm a little confused by your post @[T_T] .
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Feb 11, 2012
          Admin gave griefing warning to player sexual retard for cading those stairs as ct so i assume blocking out zombies.
          Also sometimes other players like @Sacabu wont let us build cade on those stairs they will wait outside and shoot our cades away.
          titty, Jan 23, 2013 Last edited by [T_T], Jan 23, 2013
        • May 27, 2008
          Not greifing in the slightest. If an admin is punishing for something so minor and stupid, he/she needs to understand what is construed as allowed, vs not allowed. This is by far one of the smartest ideas [and most frustrating thing to see as a zombie, but very effective] that anyone could come up with. When I see this in the server, I let it happen.

Also, votes for something like this are not typically decided 'by the people'. Everyone could say yes if they wanted, but still must wait to hear from LSA+ as a final decision is made. Just a heads up.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Oct 17, 2011
            See what? This video by my brother in the past?

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58BqnmDbIeY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

@[T_T]
            @Brett this is what he means.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Feb 21, 2007
              i'd only see this as griefing if a human turns around and shoots stuff into the stairwell as other humans are trying to walk down the stairs
            • Sep 14, 2008
              That's what I was saying yesterday. This would be the same as cading. Basically CTs shoot all the props onto the stairs so that zombies have a harder time trying to get in or out. I asked one of the players to come and post about it and I'm glad you did :smile: I told everyone yesterday that this wasn't griefing.
              • Like Like x 2
              • Dec 6, 2011
                That's not even what I asked.... I wanted to know what the admin was punishing for.

Now if he's constantly doing this with the sole reason to wait for you to build your cade then shoot it down, this WOULD be considered griefing on his part, as well as obviously being a complete dumbfuck troll.
              • May 20, 2011
                I once warned player "sexual retard" for putting props on stairs as a Zombie. He kept doing this and most of us were spawned outside, ztele'ing wasn't a big help. It would take minutes for the zombies to get through and before you know, the round is over.

Sexual retard (for those who know him from ZM) is a player who likes to troll/grief from time to time like this. A minor warning was given out and he stopped doing so at that particular time. Putting props in order to defend yourself is no way of griefing, but doing so round after round to annoy the fuck out of people (as a zombie, not a CT), is in fact, considered griefing in my opinion.

Sorry for the late reply.
                • Informative Informative x 2
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Oct 17, 2011
                  He doesn't troll or grief either. I've known him longer then everyone else on this community. All he does is gather lots of Cade's, puts them in a specific spot and run around. He never camps.
                  But yeah, slish, if you see the video I posted before, you can see sexual retard cheating trying to blame other people for putting that Cade while it was him the whole time.
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  This is why I wanted a response from the admin in question.

Thank you for clarifying the circumstances, I totally agree with your decision in this case. If he was placing props, as a zombie, to block other zombies from easily accessing this high traffic area, then he was indeed griefing.
                • Nov 11, 2011
                  Then what about friendly zombies who aren't blocking for humans but are helping them setup cades?