Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

GTA IV private match weekends?

Discussion in Setup an Event started by Brett, Jun 8, 2013

Would you join in on GTA IV multiplayer with pF?

Yes! 13 vote(s) 81.3%
No 2 vote(s) 12.5%
Maybe 1 vote(s) 6.3%
  1. Dec 6, 2011
    So, after hours of fun with @Dirtbag on GTA IV last night, I thought we could all join in on a private match together. I didn't realize how easy setting up the match was. We can have up to 32 people on a server to ourselves, and not have to worry about anything else.

There's loads of game modes to choose from, and managing them is a breeze.

EDIT:

Here's a list of the game modes you could play: http://www.gta4.net/multiplayer/

Also, I'll most likely be setting something up tonight, so if anyone wants to join, come find the GTA IV channel in Mumble.

To play online you need to create a Rockstar Games account and a Windows Live account if you haven't already. It is annoying, but once you get done with it, you'll be all good to go.
    • Like Like x 3
      Brett, Jun 8, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Jun 8, 2013
    • Sep 6, 2010
      Sounds nice. Is it mostly racing? I haven't really tried multiplayer in GTA IV
    • Dec 6, 2011
      There's just about anything you can imagine, not just racing: http://www.gta4.net/multiplayer/
    • Jun 11, 2012
      I'm down...I think...Depends on how messed up of a conundrum I've gotten myself in Civ 5
    • Feb 3, 2012
    • Mar 12, 2008
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Any idea of a time this is getting started tonight?
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I'll try to get it up and going @ 5pm PST/8pm EST. That way people can join in as the night goes on. Though, it'll be invite only so you'll have to either go into Mumble or message me to join in.

Also, I'd like some ideas for match lengths/types. 30min matches? 60min matches? Cops n' Crooks? TDM? DM? Free Roam? Race? GTA Race? Etc.
      • Like Like x 1
        Brett, Jun 8, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Jun 8, 2013
      • Dec 12, 2011
      • Feb 1, 2011
        Sounds tight. Me, Taters, Brian, and some others have tried the multiplayer before, and unfortunately several of us had some problems with connecting to each other's servers and whatnot. Here's hoping that it works well this time around, because the multiplayer is a fuckin' blast when it's working correctly.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        This was fun, more people are needed. I haven't laughed so hard recently. Seriously this is fun. Couple of issue on joining a multiplayer game but beside that...Loads of fun.
      • Dec 6, 2011
        • Mar 23, 2013
          It was a lot of fun. The best game type to was turf wars. Hopefully next time we can get more people.
        • Mar 12, 2008
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Bahhh, i wish i could have played :C i'll come play next time!
          • Dec 6, 2011
            2013-06-08_00004 2013-06-07_00005 2013-06-08_00003
            • Like Like x 1
            • Feb 11, 2012
              Am i gonna have to buy this game just to join in on this. :grin: I'll check how much i have in paypal
            • Dec 12, 2011
              fun indeed, looking forward to next time.

GTA IV is only $19 USD, get it!
            • Feb 3, 2012