Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Gun Game

Discussion in Future Servers started by Domo, Jan 2, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 31, 2012
    I think Gun Game would be really fun to have!
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    We had one, but when we switched to non-steam the servers flopped.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • May 27, 2008
    • Nov 14, 2010
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Dec 31, 2012
        Yeah, I thought we had one couldn't remember. Probably didn't play it much :/
      • Jan 21, 2011
        We should totally bring it back for a drinky thing someday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 30, 2012
          I would love playing Gun Game with pF settings, would be so fucking amazing.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 1, 2012
            Last level of GG in pF should be flashbang and only flashbang..
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 29, 2012
              Gun game for pf would be amazing! Something different is always nice.
            • Oct 17, 2011
              If you guys liked the server so much, then why was the server always empty? I don't think it will last long if it comes back. It waswalkways 0/0 last year before it got removed.
            • May 31, 2012
            • Dec 6, 2011
              Because it's not going to come back. That's why. Even Vadleon tried to get it going a while back but nothing sparked.
            • May 27, 2008
              He's right. Y'all fantasize about the idea and when it comes up, no one wants to help bring people in and get them interested, or help build up a base, and only give it about a day before you throw the towel in. That's how it has worked for most servers we've had that have fallen through the floor. Roots work hard to put it up, everyone plays for a day and is like "Cool!" "Nifty!" and the following day, everyone goes about their business elsewhere. Productivity and time wasted and a big ol' shame on you. I even tried getting our server up and running, I hyped it the fuck up and had someone who wanted to rework it and tweak it perfectly, but nothing came of it. I realised I couldn't do it alone, and no one wanted to help me get anyone in for more than a few hours. We even had DT in there a couple times. It was fun as shit.

I mean sure, you can probably ask it back for the one day you want to play it, but you gotta remember, if we put it up are you gonna commit to it and help put it back on top to relive its glory days, or are you just elated at the idea of it?
            • Sep 6, 2010
              Back then there was one but it died out pretty fast. Judging by the current ZM population I don't think it'll be alive at all unless non-steam players will be allowed to connect. I'd rather concentrate on CS:GO and how to make ZM better on it if it's still there.
            • May 27, 2008
              GO is a dead end battle from what I recall recently finding out. It's best if we just stay away from it for now.
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Jan 12, 2011
                Let's not forget that I actually tried to revive it before it kicked the bucket -> http://plaguefest.com/threads/lets-play-gungame.9515/

Yes, there are people who want to see it back (I for one would love it back), but until we can be sure it'll hold a stable server population it probably wouldn't stay up for long if it was put back online. At best, it would be one of those things the Roots could randomly throw up one night to have a bit of fun with some people.

Edit: Brett beat me to mentioning it. Blarg.
              • Dec 6, 2011
                I liked the idea of a surf server more. Somewhere you can just go and relax and surf/bhop it up. I usually do that on some nights when I just want to chill out. I'll find a bhop or surf server and jump right in. No competition, no racing people to the end to kill others (or else it'd just be the same top guys every time, which we all know is fucking annoying and boring).
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • May 31, 2012
                • Dec 6, 2011
                  The main point is that it doesn't require a large amount of people to be enjoyable, which I see as being one of the big reasons why it'd be a great addition.
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Aug 1, 2011
                  Thread Status:
                  Not open for further replies.