Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

H1Z1 Gameplay - Zombie Apocalypse MMO

Discussion in Gaming started by Dr.Tommy Oliver, Apr 9, 2014

1. Feb 1, 2011
    Horrible video but looks like it could be a sweet game! Honestly I think the more of these "zombie survival" games the better because it pushes each producer to make them better!

Rocket be like
    [IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feb 5, 2013

Sorry about that but the best video I could find. I'm sure there will be more videos in the coming weeks ahead. Personally I'm excited for this game. If Sony manages to pull it off. I will be playing this game for a long time to come. That and Everquest Next.
    • Jun 11, 2012
      Unfortunately there isn't any vid out for this thing since it's not ready on the PS4 yet. Someone filmed a live stream with what seems to be their phone (don't ask why or why).

PC first launch maybe 4~6 weeks. PS4 later date. Internet seems to be divided on "This is was Dayz should have been - Dayz|Rust killer" to "F2P MMO Dayz SUCKS. ". Honestly, I have no clue what this thing is and I don't think Sony knows yet what this thing is. Everquest was the last major MMO, they want that sweet milking taint F2P money.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/10/soe-shows-h1z1-its-new-zombie-mmo/

Seems to be Dayz + State of Decay which both are fun fantastic game but it's being pushed out as a MMO F2P almagation of I seriously don't know. I seriously think that the Zombie age is slowly moving towards Narrative focused story age (where we came from WW2 genre games) . They are dedicated themselves way too late for this.
    • Jun 19, 2013
      Sort of a necro here, but h1z1 is set to release today. Anyone going to be playing this? I plan on buying it.
    • Jul 20, 2010
      But its relevant so not necro! I'm thinking of getting it, I had fun with the last SOE mmo I played and H1Z1 is supposed to leverage off Planetside 2. Plus its a free to play game so win.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
      • Sep 9, 2012
        I liked what I saw... liked it a lot :wink:
      • Aug 25, 2009
      • Feb 1, 2010
        oh well derp! they aint getting my money then
      • Aug 7, 2012
        GG SoE, thanks for destroying an interesting game with your P2W bullshit.

[IMG]
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jun 11, 2012
          Also unt game will go F2P when released....
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Typical scenario. At start developers always want to be gods by telling X won't happen etc, and then they realise just how many poor souls there are that would pay for some of these microtransactions, and then decide to go all demonlike and set a pricetag around every turn.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jan 21, 2011
            You can only call air drops when the server has more than 50 people and the radius at which it will fall relative to the person who calls it is being expanded. So all you have to do is listen for someone to call an airdrop then get to it before anyone else and the shit is yours. It should increase player interaction if anything.
            • Like Like x 2
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • May 2, 2013
              yeah but wont the ressources become way to reachable or you know, it kinda defeats the purpose of survival for me!
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Jun 19, 2013
                Airdrops: hey let's give away our position so we can get slaughtered by 50 other players. As long as they don't start actually selling the weapons and ammo, I think I'll be okay with the airdrops. Also, servers with no airdrops might be a thing. Maybe.
                • Agree Agree x 2
                • Oct 29, 2010
                  Surely the map is large enough for someone to find a secluded place where they won't have to worry about players taking their stuff.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Jul 20, 2010
                    Kinda of hard to miss a C-130 plane flying low and making tons of noise with those turbofan props, not to mention then waiting for the air drop to hit the ground and a chute that opens up that anyone from miles and miles away can see it. Not mention there be cars that you can drive, sniper rifles that can reach out pretty damn far.

TL;DR its not pay to win like some idiots on reddit and steam have been saying. Pay to win would be you buy it through the station and its applied directly to your account like planetside 2 for example or war z(infestation stories).
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Feb 8, 2013
                      Hopefully it's not pay to win because I thought it was and that was kind of the turn down for me. The other thing is that I need to pay to test their game? I don't mind buying an alpha game as long as it doesn't become free to play on release. They should at least compensate those who did pay to test their game for them if they haven't announced so already.