Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Half-Life 2 Cinematic Mod

Discussion in Gaming started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, May 24, 2013

1. Feb 27, 2012
    So I was bored while in class today, and was browsing various tags and sections on PC Gamer website, and found this amazing looking modification for the whole HL2 series. It is the entire series made to look absolutely gorgeous. They reskinned everything by the looks of it. The textures, models, particle effects, colour correction, everything. According to this article, when it's fully installed it is about 30GB. It's 9GB to download through a torrent though, which is sweet. I think you guys should check it out. I got it downloading right now.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/23/half-life-2-cinematic-mod/
    • Like Like x 4
    • Feb 21, 2012
      which version is this? last time i played it when it was 10 or 11 something cant really remember
    • Mar 12, 2008
      WHY DOES ALYX LOOK LIKE A HOT MEGAN FOX
      • Like Like x 1
      • Feb 3, 2012
      • Jun 11, 2012
        I once tried to work with this and I got all the way up to the part where you meet Dr Kleiner and the teleportation fails and you are, once again, chased. It really changes everything visually to the point where nothing feels right. Alyx looks terrible and doesn't fit with the storyline visual. A lot of broken things exist and really just unappealing.

Oh the music is good I guess. But I deleted after 30 min of fiddling with it. It's like 5GB and takes ages to install.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I'm not sure what version you played, but there are probably 20-30 alyx models to choose from, so i don't know if you had a choice between which one to use. You can use the originals, or updated ones. I do agree, some of the models don't fit at all. But it's not 5GB, it's 30GB, lol.

It's version 12.

There are lots of Alyx models, lol. Some that look badass, and some quite revealing.
        Tony The Tiger, May 24, 2013 Last edited by Tony the Tiger!! :D, May 24, 2013
      • Jun 11, 2012
        You're right it is 30GB now that I recall. Which was quite ridiculous but the assets are highly rendered.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Here's a few screenies i've taken so far. I had some other ones, but idfk where they went.

The lighting, reflections, shadows, and rays are absolutely amazing. I even enabled a setting that makes suit reflections so you feel even more like you're inside of the HEV suit.
        [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
        Tony The Tiger, May 24, 2013 Last edited by Tony the Tiger!! :D, May 24, 2013
      • Mar 12, 2008
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • May 12, 2007
          This is badass, I watched the video and I am dling it now, I wish you got bored more often in class :smile:
        • Feb 27, 2012
          I get bored all the time lol. When i do, i search PC Gamer, Maximum PC, and ModDB for all sorts of stuff. There's actually an original Quake remake that i played, and it looks amazing. I should post that one as well.
        • Apr 9, 2012
          I tried it some time ago and it was really horrible, it doesn't look like anything. I remembered that Alyx was horrible and had often full-black textured parts on her at certain lighting spots. Not willing to break the mod, but that is a 30Gig wasted space on your HDD.

Especially given the amazing size of the mod, it should have been much much better than it delivers...