Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Half-Life in half an hour... HOLY SHIT!

Discussion in Entertainment started by Brett, Jan 14, 2012

1. Dec 6, 2011
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I watched this. This guy did this almost perfect and bhopped most of it too. He must have played the game at least 100 times....
    Can anybody beat this...?
    I've just started playing it myself, I'm only 20% done and it's taken me a couple hours :confused:

2. Aug 18, 2006
    Yep, it's called a speedrun. :razz:
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    Saw that already and they cheated on it. You cant give yourself longjump at the begining cause its unfair.
  4. Dec 6, 2011
    Yea but everything is done perfectly, I mean c'mon lol. Speedrun is an understatement >.<

Pfft whatever, he still does everything with 100% precision... this guy is a HL prodigy.

And I asked if you can beat it, not for you to find any type of tiny flaw. :tongue:
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    I beat it just now do I win? :grin:
  6. Dec 6, 2011
    Total bullshit lol. I doubt you could beat his record 29min 40sec even with the alleged cheats :smile:
  7. Jul 28, 2011
    I remember watching a HL2 speed run before they fixed all the glitches. They basically skipped all of Ravenholm in the video :blink:
  8. Mar 12, 2008
    i noclip to the exit, beat game in 20 mins.

git at me
  9. Nov 2, 2011
    lol, that is extremely fast :fakenopic:
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    I think the coolest thing about this is that he doesn't glitch, he just uses something such as an enemy to get through a part faster by jumping on him. I honestly don't care if he reloaded saves 1,000 times to make this video, it still looks legit and fucking awesome. He has everything timed perfectly, everything planned perfectly. I'm totally embarrassed that something takes me 30min while it takes him 30seconds..... :lol: For example, at 10:43 he opens that giant door while I went all the way around <_< ........ I don't think I could possibly remember every spot/item/location of anything like he can in this video.
  11. Nov 29, 2010
    Beating a game with the goal of beating it as fast as possible is called a "speedrun".

I'm impressed with the skill in the video though
  12. Dec 6, 2011

Well obviously yes, I know this. I'm just trying to get the point across that this is almost impossible to duplicate.... :razz:inch:
  13. Jul 24, 2011
    gratsforhim....holy crap.